SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another picture request if anyone can help!

Some countries, a dashboard CD player (either single or 6-CD) is optional. You can get a car without ANY CD player, and just a blank plate is there.

If anyone has such a vehicle & is willing to take a picture & email it to me, I would be most greatful! Just PM me.

It'll go here: www.mrandmrs-g.net/SGFOG/item-g11.htm

It got me thinking. If you don't need a CD player (since you have aux-in) now there is some center stack real-estate available. You can put an XM screen there, or the pop-out navigation system or car-PC screen.
Another benefit of getting rid of the CD player is only having to hit SRC once to get to aux-in. :D

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Go on then, here is a picture. (or at least a link to one on the saab international site)
http://www.saab.com/main/image/model_intro/image_gallery/93_S_int_4_large.jpg

Don't know which market this is in, it is on the Saab international website. I can't see what use the picture is other than to show that it really exists.

If the EHU can operate without a factory CD then there should be no reason why an aftermarket unit couldn't be installed in the same slot and the outputs fed in to the EHU via the aux-in. Hmmm...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Viscouse said:
103 views & nothing?

Anyone? Pretty please?
So how many views now after he sent the pic :confused: but still no pic there :cheesy:

Just raggin on you, cool site you have there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The EPC does list a part number for a cover which looks like it goes where the CD player would be.

If you add the aux port and use an IPOD, it would make the CD player pretty obsolete.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't know.. in my VUE I have AM/FM/XM/CD/Aux in (iPod)... I still use all of them - mainly CD and XM. I don't think we will be without CDs for a few more years.
~D.J.~

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ill try and snap some pics from our Aero this week.
We wanted to put an mp3 player in there, but turns out its not that easy. :evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts