SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any pics of any NG900's/9-3's with aftermarket seats? I was thinking about picking up some grey corbeau seats and the 900 rails (they should fit since the 900 = 9-3, right?), and I was wondering how they would look...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
in my opinion tacky, but thats just my feeling. If you get a really nice looking nuetral colored one it may look ok.

not trying to be a dic just saying.

·
Registered
771 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
in my opinion tacky, but thats just my feeling. If you get a really nice looking nuetral colored one it may look ok.

not trying to be a dic just saying.
i've been thinking about getting the ones from checkers lol (i know secret ricer in me)

but i'm not sure how good they would look, thats whats holding me back right now

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i say either 9000 aero seats for something that looks very much like them (and there are racing seats that look like them).

·
Registered
3,721 Posts

only pic i have. its paul of automotion in bostons car. has a 9000 2.3 with gt30 in it. the seats are on the factory rails, so it still adjusts electrically with the factory switchs. yes he tracks the car too.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Now those actually look like they belong, I stand corrected. The only thing I don't like is the red seat belts.

They don't still lean up and back do they?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
now racing seats in leather trim would match beautifully. ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason why I want a racing seat is becuae I hate the fact that I slide around whn taking corners; I used to own a honda prelude with Recaro seats in them, and have never fully adjusted to these seat that have no support...

I was thihnking about geting these is grey to match my cloth interior, they look kind of stock-ish... http://www.corbeau.com/products/gts2/gts2.shtml

Or the TRS is grey or black, which are the closest to my old Recaro's :p

·
Registered
771 Posts
saabkid37 said:

only pic i have. its paul of automotion in bostons car. has a 9000 2.3 with gt30 in it. the seats are on the factory rails, so it still adjusts electrically with the factory switchs. yes he tracks the car too.

now that has got to be the stupidest way to tie back seat belts i've ever seen, lol there like the longest seat belts too lol, theres plenty of other ways to mount a 4-point harness in a saab, i just never really understand why people are so ready to throw a 4-point harness in. I hate them, they suck, if your gonna do a harness make it a 5-point, 4 points still allow you to submarine and the belt rides up on you

even then why would you want a harness on a car that seems limited auto-x time? I don't use a harness on the car I rally, cuz i don't plan on crashing it!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
mfyoung said:
now that has got to be the stupidest way to tie back seat belts i've ever seen, lol there like the longest seat belts too lol, theres plenty of other ways to mount a 4-point harness in a saab, i just never really understand why people are so ready to throw a 4-point harness in. I hate them, they suck, if your gonna do a harness make it a 5-point, 4 points still allow you to submarine and the belt rides up on you

even then why would you want a harness on a car that seems limited auto-x time? I don't use a harness on the car I rally, cuz i don't plan on crashing it!
limited auto x time? you should listen before you speak. its his weekend/fun time/class winning race car. explain to my why thats stupid mounting, by the book it is proper mounting, and passes tech perfectly and allows the seats to still slide forward and back. he has the same setup in his old body 9000 with 400whp which is also a class winning race car.

but you know everything i guess. you race nasa i suppose?

·
Registered
771 Posts
saabkid37 said:
limited auto x time? you should listen before you speak. its his weekend/fun time/class winning race car. explain to my why thats stupid mounting, by the book it is proper mounting, and passes tech perfectly and allows the seats to still slide forward and back. he has the same setup in his old body 9000 with 400whp which is also a class winning race car.

but you know everything i guess. you race nasa i suppose?
its stupid because the straps are so long, geuss what the longer the straps the more stress that is place on them when tensioned, although the angle of the straps is good, wtf retard book do you guys get up in NY. If your gonna run straps that long, you use a single wide strap design

Those straps wouldn't pass a NASA rally race sanctioned anywhere I've been. You right I do know I have raced with NASA, but more importantly I've worked on many rally cars that have to pass alittle more "tech" inspection, and that set-up would not fly, the only setup I can really think of thats close is in WRC where they use a single 4" belt that has two mounting points, one on a bar right behind the seats, and one a couple feet back from that anchored to a lower position

BTW what class winning car is this, class winning this class winning that, you throw around alot of ****ing words, but back them the **** up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
mfyoung said:
its stupid because the straps are so long, geuss what the longer the straps the more stress that is place on them when tensioned, although the angle of the straps is good, wtf retard book do you guys get up in NY. If your gonna run straps that long, you use a single wide strap design./QUOTE]

wtf? what benefit is a single strap design? and how would making the straps longer put more tension on them? are u trying to say its not as strong? does that mean if you take 1 foot long strap and an identical 4 foot long strap the breaking strength is different?

i agree with you that its not the best way tou route the harness. i wouldn't design it like that either but just cause u do stuff one way doesn't make his way wrong.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The straps are long but as you mentioned the angle is ok. You don't want to secure them to the floor since they will compress you in the event of an impact.
Not the best solution but certainly not the worst.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
they are mounted with a steel bracket and bolts to the rear afaik.

sorry i dont remember the exact class i havent spoken to him in awhile.

and im not throwing around words...paul has won his class by points with both his cars, the red one for multiple years now.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
mfyoung said:
Those straps wouldn't pass a NASA rally race sanctioned anywhere I've been. You right I do know I have raced with NASA, but more importantly I've worked on many rally cars that have to pass alittle more "tech" inspection, and that set-up would not fly, the only setup I can really think of thats close is in WRC where they use a single 4" belt that has two mounting points, one on a bar right behind the seats, and one a couple feet back from that anchored to a lower position
This isn't a rally car.

You could have worked on the space shuttle and while I'd wet my pants with envy, it still wouldn't mean anything if we're discussing fuel injection...or washing machines...or leg of lamb...or seat harnesses.

BTW what class winning car is this, class winning this class winning that, you throw around alot of ****ing words, but back them the **** up.
Perhaps if you had a bit more of a civil tone, you'd get the info you wanted. Being a shortened Richard won't be much help to you here...

The car, and the seat/belt setup, placed first in 2006 for the COMSCC series, run here in the Northeast. A similar setup is used in a Saab 9000 that has had similar, if not greater success in its class in the same series.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
mike saunders said:
This isn't a rally car.

You could have worked on the space shuttle and while I'd wet my pants with envy, it still wouldn't mean anything if we're discussing fuel injection...or washing machines...or leg of lamb...or seat harnesses.

Perhaps if you had a bit more of a civil tone, you'd get the info you wanted. Being a shortened Richard won't be much help to you here...

The car, and the seat/belt setup, placed first in 2006 for the COMSCC series, run here in the Northeast. A similar setup is used in a Saab 9000 that has had similar, if not greater success in its class in the same series.
Mike, hats off to you. A very valid piece of advice.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
mfyoung said:
i say having a harness ALL the time is simply unsafe. i read that if you use it all the time, you get lazy and then dont properly tighten it when you really need to. and despite designing a sports car with harnesses and 3-point belts (which is what i say is the way to go on daily drivers that double as weekend racers) , the 5-point harness still scares me. some bits just don't deserve to be constricted like that if you manage to slide forward. ;oops::cheesy:

regardless, if you secure it right and at the proper angles, it's perfectly safe. just remember to tighten it. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts