SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Mmmm, I don't know what to say... first impression not too bad but also didn't jump out at me, it looks like a cross of a Subaru R4 and the latest Honda Accord, it may take a little bit time to warm to it but...

DAMN WHERE IS THE TRADITIONAL FACE GRILLE??

Read the original article this could be a spy shot under disguise...

X

·
0 Posts
MMMMMmmmm not sure I like it, but us Brits dont like change. maybe it will grow on me..:confused:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hmm dont want to spoil the party but I can't help thinking thats a paintbrushed hoax...

The car looks as if its ran into the back of a bus and been straightened out by an apprentice panel beater who's been on the beer the night before. The bumper for one doesnt look the best.. but the headlights really look dodgy...

Im sorry but this looks dodgy to me, unless they gave it to some granny on they way over and she had some minor mishaps... the car looks pasted together... either that or its held together with cable ties... that have broken on the way to the photo shoot.

What does everyone else think? am I going daft?.

Michael

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
dicreamio said:
Hmm dont want to spoil the party but I can't help thinking thats a paintbrushed hoax...

Michael
I agree, cant see how that front bumper is attached as its blended into the wing, no seams................hey whatever it would look great in Cosmic Blue :cool:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hear the 95 may get AWD for the 2008 model and be built in Germany! I have done some checks:

FRANKFURT, May 23, 2005

Reuters reported that General Motors' Adam Opel AG plant in Ruesselsheim, Germany, will build the next generation of Swedish brand Saab's 9-5 model from 2008, an Opel executive told Reuters on Monday.

A GM Europe spokesman said the company had not yet decided where to build the new Saab 9-5 or on which platform it would be based. The successors to the Vectra and 9-3 will use GM's so-called Epsilon architecture.

Which means if they haven't even decided of which platform to use the above pic is a photoshop creation.

More:

With the all-new 9-5 range now delayed for a few years, Saab is to give the ageing - but still popular - current model an extensive makeover this autumn. The new-look versions, to be launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, will have updated front- and rear-end styling (finished by designer Michael Mauer before his departure to Porsche) and will be overhauled in almost every aspect. Saab recognises that 9-5 owners tend to have immense brand loyalty and traditional tastes, so it'll be a subtle update. Expect styling more in line with that of the 9-3, and similar detailing.

Maybe the above pic is about the updated front- and rear-end styling for the revised autumn 2006 model and not the actual new 9-5 for 2008.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Maybe a tin of isopon and some touch up paint sorted that out...

Possibily hides the cable ties :) I just showed it to a work buddy... he was horrified...

Michael

·
Registered
202 Posts
Real or not, I think that front end is ugly. It looks too much like the ugly new VW Jetta. "Destinctively designed, independently inspired." Whatever GM..... :x

·
Registered
739 Posts
Got to be a joke...if you look at the position of the rear of the car then the position of the front it looks too flat for the angle (if that makes sense) Looks pretty simular to the Subaru Legacy at the front especially the lights. If it isn't a hoax well god help us all the motoring press will have a field day with that abortion!!!!!!;oops:

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think we are safe enough... :)

Its definitely a hoax.. the car is all over the shop... and the bumper does look a little volkswagenish... to say the least... As chris9-5 pointed out theres no joint between the front bumber and the front wings...

Headlights are all wrong...

Camber is all wrong... car looks as if its taking a corner.. at speed but yet its stopped...

Bumper is wrong... doesnt even look straight.

We are definitly safe on this one... unless someone decides they like it and do a bit of modding on their own steam :). Each to his own I say.

Roll on the real pictures... sorry chico..

Michael

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is a hoax picture.

I have an actual picture of the face-lifted saab. It still has a 3 port grille. It isn't this clearly photoshoped picture.

The new one does look nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is the actual new 9-5...

Enjoy, and be relieved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts