SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
{{{shudder}}}

Reminds me of one of those Malibu Maxx's for some reason. No sir...I don't like it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The C pillar is too thick and the trunk lid too short. BUT the rest of the car is very sharp IMO. The rear does look like a Malubu Maxx. Yukk! The article says it's to be based on the Epsilon 2 platform which means the car will remain FWD. I don't believe there is an AWD variant planned but I could be wrong. Here is an article discussing GM and Epsilon 2. GM plans to reuse 40-60 percent of parts across all model lines. Just what the Saab faithful want...homogenization!

http://www.itutilitypipeline.com/trends/trends_archive/49400112

·
Registered
850 Posts
how to make the 2008 9-5, ok quite easy.....take the Sporthatch concept, one pic of it, and then cut it the rear half and take the rear quarter, cut it and put it over the rear part but with a big bottom, that's all...

same wheels, same front, the C-pilar is from the same hatch concept, but "cut" it a little, putted it over the rear part and jointed it with the first half of the car....then they added some white cues simulating the lights, as the door mirrors light, quite common nowadays.....

here there are some other pics I find....

and the 9-3 from auto motor und sport.....

greetings

·
Registered
442 Posts
The front lights look like the new BMW's front lights. thats what i think. So are these fake pictures or are they real cause it is not that good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is a rebadged Saab / Cadillac / Saab

Think GM's public commitment to Cadillac sales in the EU. GM has presented a concept Cadillac for the EU market based upon the Saab 9-3 chassis, but using the basic Cadillac body style -- aggressive grill, back-to-front sweep, fender wells, etc.

Hate to burst your bubble, guys, but the 2008 Saab will be a Cadillac. Or vice versa.

JM

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I do wish the rear was a bit longer and had a more "saab" swooping roofline...:roll:

BUT, it does look sharp, I do like the new angular boxy Caddies... and I would rather the new Saab be a CADDY ANYDAY, rather than the other options (Subaru, chevy, etc.)
If it can't be 100% Saab than I would settle for Caddy, it seems the best option out of those available.

besdies maybe we will get lucky and find a "V series" type monster engine for the Aero, with 400+ HP supercharged or turbo???

·
Registered
314 Posts
I like the two drawings.

I'm trying to decide if that first picture is a Saab/BMW/Cadillac bizarre love child ;)

But thats coming from a C900 driver :p

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can anyone who knows swedish confirm if the picture is real or just a photoshop? The picture looks fake but the web site seems legitimate. If the car is to be released in 2008, isn't it too early to have a completed prototype car ready at this stage? We don't even have a clear picture of the mild facelift 9-5 that will come out later this year.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Its most likely fake. I doubt you would see a promo shot like this before you saw spy shots (it doesn't look anything like the 2006 Spy Shots - so don't even try linking there). If anything, I have learned that GM is horrible at translating concept car to actual car. Just look at the 9-3SC which looks nothing like the 9-3X it was supposively supposed to be modeled after. I'm very bitter about that one.

A

·
0 Posts
Some of the drawings look really compelling, and make me think more the next 9-5 will be based on some Cadillac. Maybe a Sigma-based 9-5, did anyone think about that? AWD standard, but with the capacity to be built in North America. It's the solution to a Zeta based 9-5. It could work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts