SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have an 2007 Aero with Xenons and I'm looking for replacement bulbs for my fogs. I had used PIAA's on my 2003 and liked them. Anybody here using PIAA foglight bulbs? I'm looking for the nearest match to the xenon headlight bulbs. I know about the HID Bulb Kits and I prefer to use "regular bulbs". BTW I did search; but, found nothing about PIAA bulbs. Here is a link for what is available:

http://www.eautoworks.com/search-ALL/mk30-md179-mc2007-bu79-ba83.htm

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is durability an issue with the PIAA's?
I currently have PIAA extreme whites (H3's) in my Beretta and they're great bulbs, not sure on the color match though for the Saab.

As far as durability, I've always had atleast 1 burn out per each pair in less than a year. Of course, vibration and ride quality on the Beretta may be a factor, it's not as smooth as the 9-3.

On a positive note though, tirerack is pretty hassle free on the warranty, if you're under a year, you call them, give your phone number on your account and they let you ship them back, and CREDIT you the purchase price (or atleast they always did for me.)

(I wouldn't suggest you do anything unsavory or grey area, but the package for the bulbs doesn't have a date on it, if you know what I mean. So if you miss the warranty date and you happened to order another pair...)

-jason

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have the PIAA H3's in the Ion Yellow, 55w and they look great. I have run them on almost every car I have and they are particuarly suited for the OEM 9-3 fogs....

Sean

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback. I'm looking at getting the best match for our standard Xenon Headlight bulbs. I do about a 50 mile one-way drive on a rural interstate/parkway. I love my Xenon headlamps but my fogs seem to help provide a wider peripheral view when they are on. The deer/vermin down here are suicidal. The State of Kentucky in their infinite wisdom saved alot of money last year by not mowing like they should. What kelvin would be desired to match ours, I believe ours is 4300K. I had hoped that someone had pictures with their fogs on so I could get an idea on which to get.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cool, just what I was looking for, do they hold up well. I forgot all about Hoen.

You ordered these? https://www.2checkout.com/2co/buyer/purchase?sid=79057&quantity=1&product_id=5

Thanks A Bunch
Jeff
Product looks amazing and i was about to actually buy thoes lights.... until i saw the $21 for shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H3-SAAB-9-3-4-dr-2007-2004-Xenon-Fog-light-Bulbs-HALO-/220553792096

found these and im probably going to pick them up for the aero;)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive always been pleased with Hoen's stuff. All the lights in the front of my car are Hoen (including highbeam), except the oem 4300k HIDs. Ya you got the right ones.
You running 70 watt Highbeams? I know 55 watts is standard equipment; any issues running the 70 watt bulbs? How long have you had them installed?

Jeff

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just ordered the Hoen bulbs, $38.94 shipped.

Not bad, I will post pictures before and after.

Thanks Again
Jeff
Its ridiculous how much shipping to canada was gonna cost. Really wanted the Hoen ones. but i settled for the 6500k Halo's shipped for $38.99 :)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
You running 70 watt Highbeams? I know 55 watts is standard equipment; any issues running the 70 watt bulbs? How long have you had them installed?

Jeff

Id have to check the package, not sure the wattage. Ive had the high's for a few years now. Having HIDs, I couldnt tell you the last time I turned them on.:D

**edit: my highbeams are sylvania. all the other bulbs are Hoen. sorry to confuse.

·
Registered
533 Posts
super nice,

And what about the (ugly) 5w city light? I didn't see them on thoses pics? Did you remove it?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can't remove the city lights on 2007 and up, you will get a bulb out message. I bought some Polarg M4 bulbs but I have not installed them yet. Going on vacation for Spring Break, so it might be a while before I do. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow morning. Leaving at 5:00 A.M. and heading to Dauphin Island South of Mobile, Alabama. :cheesy:

Jeff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts