SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
finally it worked for me with that tip.Thanks, BUT to post an image it asks for the URL so it still requires photobucket or some such and it makes no real difference to me. It sure doesn't even come close to the same century as the ease of facebook to post photos.
On that I would not know anything. I don't MyFace or Spacebook. I don't tweet, twat or twit. No Instagrump, Snackchat, Pinheadinterest, Googlepus, Bumblr or Bagged for me. My status: Old, crotchety, disinterested and disconnected.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
On that I would not know anything. I don't MyFace or Spacebook. I don't tweet, twat or twit. No Instagrump, Snackchat, Pinheadinterest, Googlepus, Bumblr or Bagged for me. My status: Old, crotchety, disinterested and disconnected.
Good news, Saabo. Coming out of Calif in 2018 will be a new social media platform called PRUNJUS, designed specially for Twighlighters/Curmudgeneers who are not afraid to, run with it.

·
Administrator
1,108 Posts
finally it worked for me with that tip.Thanks, BUT to post an image it asks for the URL so it still requires photobucket or some such and it makes no real difference to me. It sure doesn't even come close to the same century as the ease of facebook to post photos.
Hello there,

As Photobucket started charging their customers to use their service, it is not possible to use that platform to share photos anymore. I would recommend using Flickr or google photos as URLS.

Best regards,

Ed

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I pay for photobucket never had an issue its just a pita to have to use it. How can facebook do a direct copy of photos to the site from your phone or lap top, and you folks cant? wondering. Is it a money investment.?

·
Administrator
1,108 Posts
We are still mulling over the correct way to move forward with PhotoBucket's switch to a premium service. Other users have had success with Imgur. Uploading images directly is the most dependable and future proof method available on the forum right now.

Fergus

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
We are still mulling over the correct way to move forward with PhotoBucket's switch to a premium service. Other users have had success with Imgur. Uploading images directly is the most dependable and future proof method available on the forum right now.

Fergus
I totally understand photobucket or any one else not wanting to provide a service without revenue. Obviously Photobucket need to make money and the advertising on that site has increased a lot lately. But once logged in I am free of advertising.

Facebook is starting to get irritating with ads but not to the point of madness. But its free and if I want to add a picture to a post I simply click on the icon in the dialogue box go to the file with the photo, click on it and "hey presto!" my picture is in the post. Now sometimes I have the photo in photobucket and not in my lap top file photos, then I have to go into photobucket and click on the image just as I do for your site. Then facebook shows my Photobucket file (qwikredlines photos etc) and the picture. pita. If I do the same for your site I get just the picture in the post with no graffiti from photobucket....

·
Administrator
1,108 Posts
it could be because of the sudden rise of all these sites that offer free image hosting space. Photobucket is one of the older ones that not only offer photoimage space but a store as well.

but anyways, the issue is that if you want to share your images, you need to pay for your own and that would allow others do see them too. but the free accounts don't have that luxury. We do offer image hosting abilities here and would recommend our users to do that.

Lee

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts