SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
You have to use a photo image storage provider, like Photobucket ( which is out of favor these days.

Sad when you see how easy it is to upload photos to Facebook....it really makes a forum like this, as good as it can be, a pita to deal with

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
pardon my ignorance. I cant find "go advanced" on here. where is it?
Directly below the last post in this thread is the "Quick Reply" box. Immediately below that are two buttons, the second of which is "Go Advanced." That button takes one to the standard reply box with all options that would have appeared if one had used the "Reply" button directly beneath the last post.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I have "post reply" and "quote" below the last post. I do have a dialogue box below that ,with quick reply but when I used it , it directs me back up to the last post...I just use photobucket. At some point this deal Saaboheme has pointed out may work, I will keep a snapshot of his post on my phone and use it as a guide next time I have nothing to do lol In the meantime hopefully the OP can use your advice.
Perhaps if I was more computer savvy I would be better off.

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
Directly beneath the last post in any thread, in the lower left corner is the "Post Reply" button:

Using this button is the same as going down to "Quick reply" and selecting "Go advanced" just below that.

It takes you this screen:

To insert an image, rather than attach a thumbnail, use the "Image" button indicated by the arrow in the above screenshot. You must have a photo hosting site open with the image already uploaded thereto to use this. Find the relevant link code for the photo you want to insert here on the photo hosting site and copy it. Toggle back to your SC reply box and select the Image button indicated above. That will give you this:

Paste the link from the photo hosting site in that box and select "OK."

Your image should then appear in the "Reply to Thread" box. If it does not, you have selected the incorrect option from your photo hosting site.

For example, Imgur has 6 different options. The correct one to post here is the second, titled "Direct Link."

·
Administrator
1,108 Posts
I have "post reply" and "quote" below the last post. I do have a dialogue box below that ,with quick reply but when I used it , it directs me back up to the last post...I just use photobucket. At some point this deal Saaboheme has pointed out may work, I will keep a snapshot of his post on my phone and use it as a guide next time I have nothing to do lol In the meantime hopefully the OP can use your advice.
Perhaps if I was more computer savvy I would be better off.
quick reply just activates the post box at the bottom. it doesn't necessary mean you're directly replying to anyone specific. It just allows you to quickly enter your comments.

Keep in mind that photobucket no longer allows free third party sharing so you're better off using another hosting site.

Lee

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
quick reply just activates the post box at the bottom. it doesn't necessary mean you're directly replying to anyone specific. It just allows you to quickly enter your comments.

Keep in mind that photobucket no longer allows free third party sharing so you're better off using another hosting site.

Lee
I just noticed that "Quick Reply" is simply dead to me, in both Firefox and Chrome. I cannot activate it, period. I tried selecting the "Quote message in reply?" box to see if that would activate the Quick Reply, but it would not select.

If I just hit "Post Quick Reply" it merely prompts me with a message box containing this: "Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply." Which essentially means that I MUST use the "Quote" button or the "Post Reply" button.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I just noticed that "Quick Reply" is simply dead to me, in both Firefox and Chrome. I cannot activate it, period. I tried selecting the "Quote message in reply?" box to see if that would activate the Quick Reply, but it would not select.

If I just hit "Post Quick Reply" it merely prompts me with a message box containing this: "Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply." Which essentially means that I MUST use the "Quote" button or the "Post Reply" button.
yes. exactly I use MS Edge and can use Google chrome also

·
Registered
6,212 Posts

Lee
I have zero issues with Photobucket to date

·
Super Moderator
19,621 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
for example here is a picture of the newly powdercoated calipers for my car.

and my current three year old calipers

and a four year old picture of my Redline

maybe they work as I paid for photobucket. I dunno. But you get nothing for nothing and I can imagine the Photo sharing website business model is really affected by Facebook and the ability to upload pictures instantly. I am not a Twitterite so I dunno if that works the same way...

·
Administrator
1,108 Posts

Please click that button to activate quick reply

Capture.jpg

Ed

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
Aha. I see that. I don't recall having to do that in the past, although I have not tried to use Quick Reply in a very, very long time. It does not seem all that much quicker if you have to use a separate button to activate the box.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
finally it worked for me with that tip.Thanks, BUT to post an image it asks for the URL so it still requires photobucket or some such and it makes no real difference to me. It sure doesn't even come close to the same century as the ease of facebook to post photos.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts