SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The summer is almost here and its time to sex-up my ride :cool: My 2004 9-5 Aero did not come with factory Xenons, so I am looking into buying and HID kit. My main choice fell on a Philips kit. Here is the link...

http://www.carhidkits.com/xenon-hid-kit-99/philips-hid-kit-4300k-or-6000k-243.html

It comes with a harness so I don't have to purchase it separately. I know its kind of expensive, but I think its worth it. What do you guys think?

Will it be pretty easy to install or will I have to make some modifications?

Thanks for any advice and opinions :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
why not spend about 1/6th that price for similar HID bulbs off vvme.com?

i know your year has the plastic headlight housings, as opposed to the glass ones. i'm not sure what extra you need to make HID's work on the newer models, but it's only 40 bucks for my year including bulbs/ballasts to make it work.

HIDs are cool, but not 300$ cool. see if you can find them somewhere cheaper perhaps?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Will that KIT from vvme work with the plastic housings? I have a 2005 and they seem to be perfect...

any Ideas?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure I can find kits for MUCH cheaper, but wont it break down much faster? I heard some horror stores about cheap HID Kits - flickering, warning messages etc. Though.....$260 is pretty expensive. However, I just broke up with my girlfriend, so now its time to treat my car like a lady LOL :cheesy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts