SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have an 89 SPG that has an overboosting problem that I can't seem to sort out. In each gear but 1st, the boost overshoots into the red and the car sputters. The car also seems to sputter most at rpms 4000rpm or higher particularly with higher boosts, but sometimes even when the boost is still well within the yellow.

I am currently running a 3.0 bar FPR as well as injectors from a 9000 (replaced because the others failed) as well as a 91 900 Turbo ECU (also replaced because the origional one failed.)

I've replaced the APC unit, solenoid, wastegate, and pressure sensor with used items and have still been unable to make any improvments. I've also replaced every vac line I could find, in the engine bay and under the dash.

With the APC disconnected I do appear to get base boost, but cannot confirm the 6psi standard. Timing should also be set at 16BDTC, but cannot confirm either.

Can anyone point me in a direction that might be able to get this problem sorted? The car isn't much fun to drive if I can't put my foot down!

Thanks, Nathan Bracko

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
If you don't know anyone with the tools, is there a Canadian tire near you? Here in Ontario where I live they rent and sometimes lend out tools. Give it a try, just go to the auto parts desk and ask.

You can even rent from a tool rental place for the day.

Dennis

·
Banned
637 Posts
Overboost indicates that yer Wastegate Actuator has somehow damaged its Diaphragm. Take it out and test it buy sucking on it.. it should hold vacuum indefinitely.
IF it proves healthy? .. well good luck Mate :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts