SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This may be kind of unusual, but I was wondering if I could turn my blinkers permanent on a EURO-spec 1998 9-3 ? From what I saw online, US-spec 9-3's have it with their DRLs on.

Just to be clear I'm not talking about the amber side markers, I'm really talking about having an orange light that would stay on permanently.

Here is an example of what I'm looking for:

I have LED headlights on my Company Car (2019 Nissan Qashqai) and it proves to be very efficient on the highway when I'm on the passing lane and people in front stay there for no apparent reason. I usually flash them 2-3 times and they switch back to the cruising lane...I'd like to be more visible when driving the Saab as well :)

Thanks everyone if you guys have tips on how to do that!
I've tried to pull the DRL fuse but it only makes my headlights permanently on (even when on the switched off position).

Kind regards,
A Saab owner from France

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
You need 3 pin bulb holders (5/21W bulbs) and connect 5W bulb parallel to front light.
Now you have dim (5W) permanent front light and blinker brights (21W bulb).

Do you also want front reverse lights?

Dump your nissan ASAP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need 3 pin bulb holders (5/21W bulbs) and connect 5W bulb parallel to front light.
Now you have dim (5W) permanent front light and blinker brights (21W bulb).

Do you also want front reverse lights?

Dump your nissan ASAP.
Hi Mimmi, thanks for your reply!

I thought it would just be a matter of bulb or Tech2 settings...!
Do you know if the bulb holders are 3-pin standard (I guess they are in the US ?) on EURO spec cars ?

(I'm no way near my Saab now, I'll pick it up again next week for its annual maintenance).

About Front reverse lights: I have to say I didn't even know they exist so I guess I won't need those on my car :roll::roll:

Anyways thanks for your help, I'll try to see what's fitted on my car when I get back home!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Part is discounted, so only hope is get aftermarket one or used.
You can find bulb holder (P/N 4468906) also in og 900, 9000 or ng 900.

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Replaceable bulb sockets are one thing I like about the NG900/OG9-3!

I have some of these lying around, but shipping to Europe is not going to be efficient.

From Mimmi's comment, I guess the European cars aren't even wired to have the amber signal on at low wattage, it requires some wiring.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
No they do not have wires.
Wires are easy to add, just splice. Bulb holder end is 4mm round tube connector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,

It looks like it’s going to be more difficult than expected (the joys of discountinued parts!)

@EdT, you talked about replacement bulbs, you meant aftermarket ?
If so could you tell me what brand/reference you have ?
Might found some on Amazon ?

I guess my chances are nearly non-existent to find used parts here if our cars are not fitted with them in the first place!

Have a good day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts