SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, can you tell me what upgrades are available for a 3ltr v6 auto? I get 200 bhp at the moment but i would like to increase that if possible.

I remember being told on this forum previously that the griffin was limited to upgrades but i was hoping that somebody would know what was available.

Cheers

Bazza

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is the best i can hope for an extra 40 bhp?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah I've done a fair amount of searching on the net and engine wise that kit is about as good as it gets. Unfortunately for us V6ers not many saab enthusiast drive V6's but the four cylenders hence the lack of parts for them.

But I'm sure if you were dead set on some parts a good tuner shop might me able to make some custom pieces for you, though it probably would be very expensive.

Patrick

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm getting the pieces together to make a custom downpipe, intake pipe, and header for my V6. We'll see how it works and how long it takes me to complete the project.:cheesy: Just because everbody else isn't tuning the v6 makes it more special in my opinion...who wants what eveybody else has.:D

·
Registered
304 Posts
I thought the V6 they put in the 9-5 could only handle the 200bhp they tuned it too?

I read somewhere that-that's the most the engine block could handle?

Eh, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah that is definitely wrong. The nordic package takes it up to 240hp and they don't make upgrades that the car can't handle. If you think about it in a sensable way, why would a v6 engine be able to handle less than a 4? The only reason they don't make even high hp increases is the automatic tranny and the small gt15 turbo that came in the V6 equipped cars. However, the tranny should be able to handle about 300hp like a lot of guys are pushing with their automatic aeros. I'm going to shoot for 300hp(includes a turbo upgrade) in my car..but we'll see what happens.

G

·
pcdrj said:
What kind of turbo options have you found?
I recon you are breaking fairly new ground. If I were you I would go to a really good indy who deals with performance cars and have a chat with them about turbo's. These would be the boys coz they would understnd what changes would need to take place to fit a bigger unit.. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
You probably wont get an email back from Nordic. I would talk to Genuine Saab about the ecu upgrade. In regards to a bigger turbo, I think i'm going to make a custom manifold and install either a t25 or t28 turbo. I'm waiting to get some other things out of the way right now, but I know it can be done.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts