SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after a bunch of searching I have across two things:

1) The only places repeatedly mentioned, to get c900 performance parts located in the USA, are Swedish Dynamics and Jak Stoll Performance

2) No one can get anything from either of these venders any more (SD cannot be trusted and JSP is off the map). At least this is what my hour(s) of searching has showed me.

So my question is: Where do I get performance parts for my c900!? Do I just have to stick to the raiding of saab hoarders' garages? (and I do mean that in the best way possible, you parts hoarders are my heros)

·
Registered
599 Posts
You might want to consider buying stuff from outside the US. I used to have a 1978 Moto Guzzi V50 motorcycle, and there were only a handful of places in the states that carried parts for this bike. I found a source in Italy for parts, same general area as the Guzzi factory (Lake Mandello). Believe it or not, it was cheaper for me to buy the parts from Italy and have them shipped to CA, than it was for me to buy the same parts from Moto International in WA, Harper's in MO, or any other place in the US. In most cases, the parts were unobtainium here in the States, but were readily available from this source in Italy. In most instances where I ordered parts from this Italian source, I received them within 2 weeks, so it was well worth the wait.

'Course for cars, we all know there are differences between US and non-US spec cars, so you'll have to keep that in mind if you go that route. I think most of the differences, at least as far as classic 900s go, are probably emissions-related, lighting, and maybe bumpers?

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
So my question is: Where do I get performance parts for my c900!? Do I just have to stick to the raiding of saab hoarders' garages? (and I do mean that in the best way possible, you parts hoarders are my heros)
Custom build it yourself or tag along for a group buy...if/when they come up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Custom build it yourself or tag along for a group buy...if/when they come up.
Guess that's the way it has to be! Are you back from Australia already? Hope you're ready to start digging through all your Saab parts haha. Also Daniel what FMIC are you running? I've been looking at the yokana 18x9x2.5

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
Guess that's the way it has to be! Are you back from Australia already? Hope you're ready to start digging through all your Saab parts haha. Also Daniel what FMIC are you running? I've been looking at the yokana 18x9x2.5
Nope...still in Oz. :D
No worry I got plenty of stuff set aside for you in my spares. My FMIC is a generic Chinese epay special.:roll: I think its 27x7x2.5 or there abouts. Nothing wrong with the Yonaka IC... plenty of documented success with it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope...still in Oz. :D
No worry I got plenty of stuff set aside for you in my spares. My FMIC is a generic Chinese epay special.:roll: I think its 27x7x2.5 or there abouts. Nothing wrong with the Yonaka IC... plenty of documented success with it.
eBay for the win! And I'm happy to hear that you've got all these goodies tucked away. I'm hoping to be ready for the potential PNW saab meet that squab mentioned earlier :cheesy:

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was a lot of trouble, but i did manage to get some upgrades successfully from swedish dynamics, I got the red series injectors and redbox APC, otherwise, single parts upgrades come from different sources, http://thesaabsite.com/900old/C900accessories.htm thesaabsite has fuel pressure regulators, and other things upgrade wise including brakes, here's a place i found that's located in sweden, haven't purchased from them myself though. I am trying to get their fuel chip
http://shop..se/en/prod/900-79-93/ (change the language to english in the top right corner if it already isnt)

(They Cut it off but inbetween the periods after "shop" is S P E E D P A R T S)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts