SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, there are various "reflashes" available for Trionic 7, basically saab keep advancing the software and a dealer can if required upgrade the software with a reflash, this would add things like DI diagnostics, and alter throttle body tollerances..................clever huh!

Ok I have some problems with the car that my Saab Magician would recommend a reflash, however we dont know how this will affect the ECU performance wise, I mean I dont want a Stage 0 afterwards do I?

Any thoughts guys? :confused:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Reflashing will bring you back to stock...fun huh? I wonder if you could get a tuner to tell you what release of the stock software was used when doing the performance modifications.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a speedparts ECU and the email is sent ;)

I think the answer as pointed out will be you cant do it, which kinda sucks really :cry:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speedparts reply, which I guess applies to all tuners .......

Hi Chris

Reflashing the ECU will erase the Speedparts tuned software

Regards,

Now thats something to bear in mind if the car gets towed to a dealer :eek:

·
Registered
596 Posts
To follow Chris's path as he is towed to the dealer...

When the dealer reflashes, it will revert to "normal" (factory setting) SW?

And then "normal" will, or will not, deal properly with all the tuning stuff we have done to our vehicles?

And a reflash back to tuned SW state will not come free, correct?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes stock software would be in place after a reflash :eek:

At our level of tune I bet T7 would hav a fit!

I bet they wouldnt be responsible unless we old them not to do it, so if the car is involved in an accident and gets towed, lets hope we arent too injured to speak to the dealer :roll:

Shame we cant get the PPC for a stage 4 at least we could restore it ourselves then................

Finn how do Abbott cope with this, I mean how do they update their customers ECU's with the latest Saab map without removing the performance one?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Finn how do Abbott cope with this, I mean how do they update their customers ECU's with the latest Saab map without removing the performance one?
I'm guessing they don't.

How would a non-Saab workshop get hold of the latest Saab map..?

Do Saab sell these for a fee...??

Pressumably this new bit of kit that some Hirsch dealers are using (Reading Saab have it) means they can reflash your Hirsched ECU if neccessary, and then reflash the Hirsch program back in to restore the extra oomph....???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts