SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there replaced their air filter with a performance part? if you have, what differences has it made? im intrigued to hear as i have never done this on a turbo before.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Cold air intake

You can definitely get a sports filter and the kit to connect it directly to the AMM on the 16v. JR racing maybe?

Don't think it makes a lot of difference but if your looking to mod your car in other area's, ie intercooler & exhaust then it's probably a good companion for them.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the reason i was asking is i have bought a performance filter (not a cone filter or anything) a direct replacement for the old filter in the air box and the only difference i have noticed is the neck breaking boost that used to hit me when i floored it is not so apparent anymore! more of a smooth flowing boost. im sure this is probably better but i miss my lag!

I have searched the posts and there is nothing about this, the effects of the filter, there is a good post about fitting a proper induction kit/cone filter, i might give taht a go next time. i have noticed that second gear is longer and the boost is less obvious! all in all, im dissapointed!

As far as adding it to other mods, i am very very tempted by the 3" exhaust that everyone is talking about and i think once its been through the garage and they give me the damage i am going to look into that, other than that, its got a "red box"

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Murray, you can have a look at my T8 on Saturday ;) & I'll answer all your questions mate :cheesy: :cheesy:

as for standard airbox/performance filters go for "ITG" it works for me........

HTH Paul

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
I dont know what type of filter your using but cold air is best, so if you can locate the intake filter near the front bumper or a place that sees the road you could have an improvement.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last night i took it out for a spin and it was sounding and driving a lot better, my APC is clacking a lot and i have been told on another post that that could affect my boost and probably needs replacing! have to try some tests on it then see about getting it sorted!

that might explain the lack of turbo that i have been feeling!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts