SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pennzoil's Platinum synthetic series appears to have my 900 turbo running very smooth with a new purolator premium plus oil filter from Advance Auto for just over $3.00!!! (to change it in about 5500 miles or so/second filter change at 2500 miles)! I defintely want to change this oil before it becomes depleted of all the protections for my motor. I have used Redline, Mobil 1, and even Amsoil for sometime. I did like Amsoil the best though:cheesy: !But for a mere $20.00 for 5 qts at Walmart, its not bad. Amsoil did a oil survey/test on a few of its competitors back in 05, as did another related oil study. I believe Pennzoil Platinum overall ranked #3, just under Mobil 1 Extended Protection. Redline, Royal Purple and other similar oils were not included in this test. However there is another test online, that included Amsoil, Redline, Royal Purple, Motul 8100, and many others, and would you believe that Valvoline's Dura-Blend series came out on top for the very least wear:suprised; ! Pennzoil has this new molecule inclusion with their Platinum series, is this just marketing hype or is it really a vast improvement from their previous formula? What say you? I did not intend to start a motor oil battle, I just seek feed back from anyone who chooses to do so. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts