SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Saab 9-4x that does not have remote garage door opener system, remote start, or the NAV radio. Does anyone know if there are OEM hardware add-ons or software programming that would allow any of these features to be installed as if it came from the factory this way? I am assuming that if this is an option that I could obtain good-condition parts from a salvage Saab 9-4x or Cadillac SRX.

·
Super Moderator
1,455 Posts
I have a 2011 Saab 9-4x that does not have remote garage door opener system, remote start, or the NAV radio. Does anyone know if there are OEM hardware add-ons or software programming that would allow any of these features to be installed as if it came from the factory this way? I am assuming that if this is an option that I could obtain good-condition parts from a salvage Saab 9-4x or Cadillac SRX.
I don’t want to say “no”, but I suspect the factory wiring harness would be different based on the cars options at the time of build. The only one that might be an easy upgrade is the remote start, since that *could* be just a key fob change and software. Just like my experience with my NG 9-5’s, I think you’ll find you’ll need to pioneer a lot of answers yourself unfortunately...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Unfortunately I think the SRX used a different NAV system (same bones probably, BUT) because the screen raises up out of the dash unlike the 9-4X which is fixed in the center console. If you're part of the 9-4X group on facebook you should search the nav systems, I think someone had some new ones available on there for ~$800. Not sure if it would be plug, and play, but given your car has OnStar from the factory most everything should work minus maybe the speaker output wiring which may be different if you don't have the BOSE sound system.

EDIT: Should mention I meant most of the physical plugs for the radio will probably be the same, but you'll still need programming.

Adding remote start - check on some of the SRX forums, that should be exactly the same process for you.

Garage door opener - This probably just gets 12V/Ground from the car, and has all it's own internal hardware, so I would expect plug n play with no programming. Check TheSaabSite, but buy through Matt at EEuro, he will always beat The Saab Site's pricing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts