SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheesh! I just noticed the Saab emblem on the trunk deck is peeling. More than half of the emblem is gone!

Anybody else have this? Inexpensive replacement?

Rick

·
Registered
759 Posts
mohooba93 said:
ive heard that saab will change it even if your out of warranty.
Not true anymore. Saab stopped doing this in the early 1990's. There used to be a "company pride" policy that they would replace any scratched or peeling emblem for free. Too bad they stopped this, seems like it wouldn't cost much.

Part is about $40. See here: http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/93emblem03on.htm

·
Registered
107 Posts
The badge on the front hood of my car is completely silver now. There is not a trace of other color left. It doesn't bother me that much though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
same here. my trunk badge is silver too. Dealer wanted to charge me about $80, so I said forget about this...

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
look on ebay, they go cheaper...

also, there are guys on here who are just putting laminate replacements over it, see if you can find them...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
replaced the hood badge about two years ago due to the emblem completely peeling off. Noticed last night the trunk badge was doing the same thing.

The one in the steering wheel is beginning to show signs of wear - you'd think this one, which gets touched ALL the time, would've gone first.

Agreed - too bad 1) these parts are junk, and 2) The image/pride thing no longer replaces these badges for free or at least a discount.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hood badge on 2004 Aero is completely silver, but my hood badge (roundel) on my 2003 BMW 325it is also silver.

Doesn't seem to be only a Saab thing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MG thing too. No warranty there either - no wait no MGR their too - sad I had one -but a forum moderator had a batch of Stainless Steel replacement badges made up, and they sold out. there is a guy on e-bay that has laminated replacements for 1/2 the price of the originals, has them in red blue black and in Sweedish flags.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Our just did it all the sudden too. 5 years and 2 months old. Strange. I'm looking for a replacement. Any info on getting the old one off and new one on?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just ordered a decal on eBay to cover my peeled hood badge. If it looks awful, it was only an $8.50 experiment and I'll get a new badge. I'll comment on how it looks when the decal arrives.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Me too

Mine just peeled off for the second time and now the car is no longer under warranty. The badge is probably only a year old because I had the last one completely replaced.

Anyone know if I am going to get charged for this if I turn in a lease with no badge?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts