SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it finally happened to me, or at least my wife as she was driving to work last night. A "Boing" followed by the clutch helper spring falling out onto her foot. After reading past threads here I know it would only be a matter of time before the tiny plastic clip that holds it in place breaks, as it does on many other manual 9-3s. Problem is that tiny yellow plastic clip is on international backorder right now!!!!

Calling various dealers I'm told that final stocktaking is being done as Saab parts USA is transferred to its new owners from Saab NA and once that is done (one week?-two weeks?) the flow of parts from Sweden will start again. We will see I guess but in the meantime I've solved my floppy clutch issue with a small bungee cord looped between the pedal and the dash to pull the pedal up in place of the spring - works remarkably well in fact, I may go into business for myself - it's probably a longer term solution then that poxy clip.

All of which makes me nervous about the parts situation and long term prospects of Saab ownership. What is the saying? "For the want of a nail.....!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts