SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 01" aero is stock,what are some things i can do to improve the pedal response.The car was lagging for a while and i couldn't figure it out untill i got the 1101 code for the bypass valve.I changed the valve with a used but well working one, which solved the problem but i still feel the car isn't taking off like it use to.I plugged one of the boost control lines which is said to help with performance.My jeep sitting on 33" has a better pedal feel and the aero in sport mode use to spank my beamer off the line.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
What you have done is what i would have done also. Another quirk with the 9 5 is that in hot weather you can get what you got. Be sure to run Hi Test from a Prime Gasoline supplier like Shell orBP or Exon/Mobil. Would not hut to put a can of Sea Foam in before you fill up.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seafoamed it last night,weird thing happened 2 days ago.I drove about 40 miles with the ac on during this hot *** weather we've been having.I stopped at a store for a drink and the car wouldn't start,it cranked but no start and i just changed the fuel pump the day before,which brings me to ask is there anything that can be done to reduce underhood hood temp,i'm thinking that may have been the reason it didn't start untill it cooled down a bit

QUOTE=Mike Brennan;2218445]What you have done is what i would have done also. Another quirk with the 9 5 is that in hot weather you can get what you got. Be sure to run Hi Test from a Prime Gasoline supplier like Shell orBP or Exon/Mobil. Would not hut to put a can of Sea Foam in before you fill up.[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
A little maintence hostory would help.

Yep, the IC is sandwiched between the radiator and condenser. When you stop at a store it'll heat soak on a hot day that only a highway drive will restore intake temps.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
100k on motor
all new gaskets ,hoses and plugs.fuel pump filter, pretty much all the basic stuff.may do FMC before summer is over,need to find time to use search to find a good write up.

A little maintence hostory would help.

Yep, the IC is sandwiched between the radiator and condenser. When you stop at a store it'll heat soak on a hot day that only a highway drive will restore intake temps.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
TankTak didn't buy a brand new CXRascing intercooler kit. Get the 7" x 28" x 2.5 $193 from eBay (used to be$160) shipped kit includes bracket, clamps, hoses, and silicone couplers. You just need to bend the bracket to 90 degree angle( used a vise and a hammer), a drill to make the holes bigger on the bracket, and some type od saw to make about 4-5 cuts of the aluminum tubing. Bending of the power steering cooler is self explanatory once you get in there.

Also need a deep 14mm socket, and assorted tools to drop the belly pan. The installation was slightly different on my 00 where I used horn mounting screws, 04 I had to use the lower bolt for the headlight bracket.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
TankTak didn't buy a brand new CXRascing intercooler kit. Get the 7" x 28" x 2.5 $193 from eBay (used to be$160) shipped kit includes bracket, clamps, hoses, and silicone couplers. You just need to bend the bracket to 90 degree angle( used a vise and a hammer), a drill to make the holes bigger on the bracket, and some type od saw to make about 4-5 cuts of the aluminum tubing. Bending of the power steering cooler is self explanatory once you get in there.

Also need a deep 14mm socket, and assorted tools to drop the belly pan. The installation was slightly different on my 00 where I used horn mounting screws, 04 I had to use the lower bolt for the headlight bracket.
your right I didnt buy brand new but it was never installed so technically it was brand new :lol:
Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts