SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm almost 100% sure I have a clogged or bad PCV valve as I have a lot suction through the oil fill location after removing the cap, additionally I've recently developed an oil leak.

I ordered this part (not from this site) but cannot find the location on the vehicle. I've done considerable research to no avail. I'm assuming it's the wrong part, does anyone know where or what it's for??

PCV Valve

My best conclusion is I need this part: PCV Valve

According to the only diagram I can find, it goes between the 2nd and 3rd cylinders in the manifold and I need to remove the entire intake to replace it, is that correct?

*Suspected PCV valve is part #2 in attached diagram

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
yes manifold removal needed..when the engine is running there will be air blown out of the oil filler hole..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, thanks!

Any idea what the first part, labeled as "PCV Valve" is for? The one that costs an excess of $100...

·
Registered
513 Posts
yes manifold removal needed..when the engine is running there will be air blown out of the oil filler hole..
Is air blowing out of the oil filler hole, if the PCV system/valve is functioning correctly or incorrectly.
If I put a latex glove on top of the oil fill cap of my engine it gets sucked in I believe or neutral at best.
It definitely does not blow up the glove, last I checked.

I thought that not blowing up the glove was a good thing and the PCV system is functioning correctly.

I have an oil leak I'm trying to fix.
Crankshaft seal is leaking pretty bad, I think, with about 15-20k miles on the new seal.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I believe that a latex glove being sucked into the engine oil filler hole means the PCV valve is doing it's job correctly at idle.
So I will try to find the leak and fix it.
I think it's the crankshaft seal on the timing cover.
I changed the crankshaft seal about 20k miles ago, when I did the balance/timing chain guides, etc. Not sure what I did wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts