SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pcv or pvc nipple cracked where the vacuum hose goes coming out of the head and the pcv check valve also cracked off. would that be a reason for a no-start ? i just changed the fuel pump and have been hearing it hum when the ignition is on and the camshaft sensor is new.

Anyone know if this is a big deal or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
Do not believe this is because of the valve. Obviously, it should be replaced. Check fuel pressure, or at least make sure you have fuel coming out of the check valve: (be careful not to burn the car...and yourself)...

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
That probably wouldn't cause your car not to start. Lots of people drive their cars with broken or cracked nipples and grommets that have turned to goo. It's a fairly common problem, but doesn't seem to cause any major issues with how the car runs, at least not in time period between when most people notice it and get the part(s) replaced.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah ok. thanks for the input. i was thinking that probably isn't too much of a problem but i was hoping it was cuz they're pretty inexpensive parts and was also hoping it would help my car start. this car's starting to get on my nerves though. little things need changing but what do i expect for $1400 right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts