SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the PCV #6 for my 9-5 and as far as I know it has never had an update so it has the original oil trap and hoses. After pulling the oil trap off I found this hole in the back of my block. I have absolutely no idea how to plug it without it leaking oil or dropping oil pressure or anything. Please help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah oil would leak because it goes right into the crankcase. I made a few calls and found out actually the my motor has been swapped with a 2004-2009 linear motor. Now I need to figure out how this system is gonna work with the old one

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m sorry it is actually an ARC motor or maybe an Aero, but basically the previous owners swapped the wrong motor into mine. Hopefully the ecu doesn’t freak out because the PCV system is different on this generation of motor

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
You just need to put the oil trap back on. One of the improvements to the PCV system that Saab made to the 2004 engine was an oil trap that can drain back into the engine. Other than the PCV system changes, a 2004+ engine is exactly the same as the earlier ones. Consider yourself lucky that someone replaced your engine with an improved version.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Sorry to steal your thread, but how did you get the old oil trap off? It looks so impossible to get to on these cars....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was a bolt that held the oil dipstick pipe in up top underneath the oil filler neck and that pulled right out. Then on my trap there was 2 bolts towards the middle of it. After that I just wiggled it around until I slid it out of the top. It might help to take the alternator power wire off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope. I didn’t have to touch it. I would disconnect your battery first though though so you don’t arc the loose alternator cable

1 - 13 of 13 Posts