SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
hope somebody knows the answer to this.

My PCV hoses are becoming a little squidgy (again) and instead of just replacing the bad ones I bought a complete PCV kit from PFS.

On checking the forum for notes and tips I see that the pipe take off from the filler neck is no longer reccommended as it was leading to excessive oil consumption - this dated from 2005 - however the kit which I bought in January still has the feature - have Saab chnaged their mind again or do I have an out of date kit?;)

Got to say that I would be surprised if PFS got it wrong as they are normally brilliant

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Post a link to what you got and we'll let you know. ;)

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
That is the latest update and it does have a hose coming out of the filler neck. I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing before I said that. Don't worry though, this update is much more complicated than previous updates so as to cure the oil consumption of older updates. I have this on my car and drive it like I stole it and have no consumption problems. If you want to replace all your hoses though you're going to need a few more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is the link for PFS include everything I would need to update the PCV for my 2003 9-5. Are there any small peices I would need like replacement seals, gaskets ect...?? or if I order whats pictured on the link I will have everything needed to do the job..I will be having my mechanic do it at my next oil change and just want to make sure he will not be missing any part to do the job.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
First, you wanna go to www.eeuroparts.com or www.genuinesaab.com for saab parts in the US. There are some hoses missing if you wanna change all your hoses. You need the hose that goes from the valve cover to the oil trap and the hose that goes from the oil trap to the oil pan. You can change the check valve too, but if it isn't bad it's not really worth it. I highly recommend you get the other two hoses, those are the ones the go bad the fastest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts