SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching the forums I could not find a definitive answer. Does the Tech 2 need a special PCMCIA 32mb memory card, or will a standard SanDisk card work and then write the correct BIN files to them (link to the SanDisk card below)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190577677361?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Additionally, are we limited to only a 32MB card, or will 64 or 128MB work as well?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
The only cards are 16mb or 32mb linear flash cards. These are not the same as IDE/ATA/SATA cards you typically find on ebay... they have almost no practical applications, thus are not commonly found for sale. Just buy preloaded Tech2 cards from ali whatever... it's about the same price as sourcing them domestically and the save you having to write bin files.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
As above have to be the linear flash specification.
Unfortunately you wont find any real ones for sensible money as they are rare and sought after.
The only sensible option is to buy any of the the 32mb clone cards that are available on aliexpress etc and read/write to them.
You will get the odd dud but most times they work ok.
No need to buy blanks if they are at a premium price.......any 32mb Tech2 card on there can be used.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Not had a problem writing bin files to the aliexpress cards...yes the tab is missing but made no difference to the end result.
Used a couple of different D6XX only time I have had real problems is when trying to do a direct write over RS232 as it takes so long and the error checking is probably very poor.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Yeah, the button only exists for systems that respect it... which Tech 2 does not. You can write to "unwritable" cards using Tech2writer, no problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bin Files Link

erik,

Bins, more than you'll ever need, are there at tech2wiki.com. You just need to subscribe and it's under subsection of "Tech2>> Which bin files are available for..." I'd give you the link, but can't since I'm a fairly new member like yourself. If you can't figure it out, need to look in there further since it's all there.

Good luck, and maybe next time start a new thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
erik,

Bins, more than you'll ever need, are there at tech2wiki.com. You just need to subscribe and it's under subsection of "Tech2>> Which bin files are available for..." I'd give you the link, but can't since I'm a fairly new member like yourself. If you can't figure it out, need to look in there further since it's all there.

Good luck, and maybe next time start a new thread.
Ok, I did not know the existence of that ....
Thanks to you I have already achieved it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
eriklll
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing