SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i put my maptun junk stg 4 viggen on the dyno Sunday, its pathetic the numbers it put out, i have JE pistons, 19t ets fmic, T5 cams, GS chrome cobra pipe forge DV, it put down 235,hp n 289 TQ we all know the dyno reads low so were figuring 250 hp and 310Tq is more like real time numbers, but still a stg 4 tune that only runs 14lbs boost?? i have called maptun and they say its normal, I have seimens 630 injectors to go stage 5 jzw because i want to use what i spend money on my engine, maptun says they tune the car to max out the engines power and not up the boost, what a crock of crap.
here is link to the dyno vid
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151008274994861

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
so i put my maptun junk stg 4 viggen on the dyno Sunday, its pathetic the numbers it put out, i have JE pistons, 19t ets fmic, T5 cams, GS chrome cobra pipe forge DV, it put down 235,hp n 289 TQ we all know the dyno reads low so were figuring 250 hp and 310Tq is more like real time numbers, but still a stg 4 tune that only runs 14lbs boost?? i have called maptun and they say its normal, I have seimens 630 injectors to go stage 5 jzw because i want to use what i spend money on my engine, maptun says they tune the car to max out the engines power and not up the boost, what a crock of crap.
WOW, something's not right! The standard B235R tune is in the 235 HP neighborhood -- ANY tune from there should get you well past the numbers you're seeing.

I honestly can't imagine MatTune stating your numbers were normal -- sounds to me like a serious case of "not our fault" going on there.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know its pathetic.. i had it custom to the motor and this is what i ended up with, 14lbs boost and stg 4 what a joke..

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i have had pressurized smoke tests and have nothing for leaks, im just going to pony up the $$ and go with JZW

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
No point bleating about the tune as obviously less than 1 bar boost is wrong for stage 4 whatever the person at Maptun says so obviously you have some hardware fault with your car. You need to hook it up to techII / T7 suite and do some data logging and pull a code showing which torque limiter is active.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would think stage 4 would require a better FPR. You should be able to probably skip that part if you go bigger injectors.

That's not right at all. Stock Viggens have dynoed 210-220ish.

·
Registered
610 Posts
dude I've been there with bad dyne results and it is the worst feeling ever... smoke tests are great to check for leaks but i made a cap out of pvc and put a valve stem in it... slowly pressurize the system and spray with soap and water every line up to the throttle body...

if you find absolutely nothing...

What spring are you running in your forge bpv?

How new is your maf?

Do you have an open sid that displays a knock counter?

How was the A/F ratio?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re

Im sure yuill have a rocket on your hands once you get the boost up to 20psi or so! Get JWZ to redo your tune,itll be money well spent.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Im sure yuill have a rocket on your hands once you get the boost up to 20psi or so! Get JWZ to redo your tune,itll be money well spent.
Not if there is something wrong with the HW which sounds very likely if it's only boosting 1bar. All you will get with anyone elses tune is a hole in your wallet and the same low power.
If something is not right with the HW T7 will sense it and hold your power down to save your engine so be thankfull;). - Maptun are a good long established tuning outfit who know their stuff and have a reputation 2nd to none when it comes to Saab trionic tuning - blame the tune at your cost.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Well look at the Maptun numbers for the tune - no way you could make those at 1bar. Also the spec requires uprated injectors and fuel pump which is not mentioned in the OP's list of mods - these are not optional.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
So if it only has stock injectors, it won't fuel a full stage viggen stage 4.

This could be why it's limited to 14psi and the OP has said the map is custom.

Fuel pump is need from stage 5>

EDIt

going through the OP spec again, it's not stage or 5, it's half way between.

What's with that? why not drop the fuel pump and injectors in a have a the stage 5???

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
So if it only has stock injectors, it won't fuel a full stage viggen stage 4.

This could be why it's limited to 14psi and the OP has said the map is custom.
19T turbo will flow the same air ( i.e the same power) as the stock turbo but at less boost. What's limiting the power is the lack of fuel. Stock injection system is only good for up to 300hp (and that's with a 3.5bar FPR) on a good day and if you take this at the wheels after transmission losses you are looking at 250hp - if this is teh case and it's a custom tune to the OP's HW then Maptun are correct - 1 bar is about the limit for the fuel system with a 19T.
If it's a stock Maptun stage 5 minus the required injectors and fuel pump then T7 will limit the power to the limits of the fuel delivery as it will knock like hell - the fuel maps will be wrong and it will run very lean out of closed loop.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well look at the Maptun numbers for the tune - no way you could make those at 1bar. Also the spec requires uprated injectors and fuel pump which is not mentioned in the OP's list of mods - these are not optional.
sorry i also have green giants and a walbro 255 and a 3.5 bar fpr. it runs a 11.0 ish in full boost..

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
sorry i also have green giants and a walbro 255 and a 3.5 bar fpr. it runs a 11.0 ish in full boost..
OK so now we know the specs are right but the tune is under performing - still a HW fault which needs sorting. Have you got a full dyno plot to post which shows A/F, boost etc

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no his afr sensor was not working that day all i have is the hp and tq numbers, i get max tq at 3k rpm, full boost afr is 11.0 but to get there is kinda dances then settles at that i also get boost flutter since this tune, its not comp surge but a flutter

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok well i pulled my TB apart and every single wire is stripped im going to hot glue fix and report back my results

1 - 20 of 49 Posts