SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok stupid question but only if you know the answer?
I need to change the bulb on my Saab 93 Aero on the passenger side, now would think this an easy task... however it seems very difficult to get to... there is the Washer pump in the way, the battery and the fuse box, so does anyone have any idea how to change this should be simple task headlight bulb?
Car is Saab 93 Aero UK?

Thanks for help in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok worked out how to do it, you have to remove the relay box to make enough room to be able to get the casing off and the bulb out... took me about 40mins to work that out, but now i know it should be a 10-15mins tops. Job done! :cheesy:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Even at 15 minutes, this would be horrific.

Imagine the poor Saab owner who has to go to the dealer and have this done...

How long did the old bulb last ?
Which model year Saab ?
Miles - dare I ask ?

Mine is a '96 900 NG, the bulbs appear to be easy to change - but, you know with continual "improvements"...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't touch the bulb glass with your bare fingers, the oils in your hand will shorten the life of the bulb if you get any of it when installing. Wear a pair of vinyl or latex gloves when handling the bulbs.

-zen

RobMarsh said:
Ok worked out how to do it, you have to remove the relay box to make enough room to be able to get the casing off and the bulb out... took me about 40mins to work that out, but now i know it should be a 10-15mins tops. Job done! :cheesy:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Are the UK cars different in that particular area? That would be the US driver side, and I can usually change that bulb on mine in about two or three minutes without removing any other items once I remember how to unclip the spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts