SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got back form 6 hours drive back from Atlanta. When I got back home I noticed that my passenger side floor was soaked, like a puddle of water had formed. I found that the source of the leak was from the "lump" under the glove box. There were two silver pipes that were pretty hot when I removed thel lump and the drop was comming form a black box about the two pipes. Also about a week ago my SID said to check my coolant levels and it was lower than normal.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
The silver pipes under the "lump" are air-con pipes. If they are leaking you will notice a down turn in the performance of the ACC system. It could just be a union that needs tightening up. It could also be a blocked drained tube from the air-con matrix. There are 2 lines situated behind the lower central console.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Silver pipes.

The hot silver pipes are the two for heater core as it was mentioned.
Carefully taste the liquid-it should be sweet,because it is coolant-check its level also!
Also the drainage fluid from two draining holes under the front seats must be more than usual.
It is easy for replacement,but bit expensive part.:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem Solved

Took my car to the dealer today and it was the pipe that drains AC water that was stopped up completly.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Reviving this because I have the same puddle in my front passenger side floor. If it's because of a stopped AC drain how is it cleared? Can I do it?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Never mind. I got my mechanic to use an air compressor to blow the junk out of the drain and about a cup of water drained out. I hope that fixes it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is a condensation drain located on the firewall about mid cabin, it must be accessed from below. it is wide and looks like two flaps of rubber. often you will see junk like bits of leaves hanging from it. Just jack up the front of the car, crawl under, reach up and pull the crap out. It's a common problem on just about every make and model. The vent is made so that little critters can't easily crawl in, but water can escape. problem is debris can easily get stuck, even just dust build up will form a muddy dam over time. Always check the puddle, if it's water, you have a plugged drain, if it's coolant, you have a bad heater core/valve.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Never mind. I got my mechanic to use an air compressor to blow the junk out of the drain and about a cup of water drained out.
This is part of normal maintenance and should be done whenever the cabin filter is replaced (about every two years). There is one drain on each side of the console under the carpet - peel back the carpet, unplug the hose, and blow it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts