SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been an intermittent problem with my car for the past few months but now the passenger door just won't open. I've tried pulling up the button on the inside and the key won't turn on the outside. I even tried locking the car with the passenger door lock and unlocking it again but the passenger side just won't budge. :confused:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Web Docta said:
This has been an intermittent problem with my car for the past few months but now the passenger door just won't open. I've tried pulling up the button on the inside and the key won't turn on the outside. I even tried locking the car with the passenger door lock and unlocking it again but the passenger side just won't budge. :confused:
Try lubricating the "living daylights" out of the passenger door lock. Use graphite oil..
Can you access the central locking control unit ??
Do you have the remote control ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
earthworm said:
Try lubricating the "living daylights" out of the passenger door lock. Use graphite oil..
Can you access the central locking control unit ??
Do you have the remote control ?
I don't think that it was a problem with the cylinder, more a a problem with the central locking system. I tried every combination of opening and closing doors/locks. Somehow, I turned the cylinder on the passenger door and it locked my driver's door while it was in the open position. WHen I went over to the drivers side and closed it, the locks on both sides popped up. I don't think that I fixed anything but at least the door is open. :confused:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Sounds like a problem with the "deadlock" feature. That is activated when you lock the car from the driver side door, and turn the key clockwise to the second lock position. May be programmable, not sure... (hint: Tech II experts, pls comment)

I don't think that's worked right for me in years. When I forget and turn the key to that position while locking the car, it cannot be unlocked from the passenger side. I can't remember if that is part of the feature, or part of whatever happened to mine years ago. Every other lock function works, so I never tried to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts