SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger door window decided to go down at an angle all of a sudden and I cant get it back up to the normal position. The back side of the window stays up and the front side dips down. Both sides go down all the way but don't want to go up all the way and the front is always lower than the back.

thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
This happened a couple days after I bought mine. Take the door panel off to gain access to the bottom of the window. Theres 2 rollers on a track and sounds like either the front one or both are off the track. You will see a lock pin on the rollers. Take it out, slide the roller in the track and replace the pin. Before putting the panel back on, test it to make sure everything is lined up. Pretty easy fix.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This happened a couple days after I bought mine. Take the door panel off to gain access to the bottom of the window. Theres 2 rollers on a track and sounds like either the front one or both are off the track. You will see a lock pin on the rollers. Take it out, slide the roller in the track and replace the pin. Before putting the panel back on, test it to make sure everything is lined up. Pretty easy fix.
Awesome, thank you
Could you elaborate on the door panel removal. I read the thesaabsite guide to do it but I feel like Im going to break the door mirror cover when I'm prying it off.

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Before you even remove the door panel, buy two new window rollers. they are very cheap, even at dealerships. It sounds like one of them is broken. The best fix is to replace them both. If you have trouble finding them as a Saab part, try a Volvo dealer. They use the exact same part. These things break so often, the parts counter guys will usually know what you want if you just ask for window rollers. They can also be bought at rockauto.com for 1.38 each, if you don't mind waiting for shipping.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
:p;oops:No link, once I did have one.
However, there are some indirect links at the bottom of the page.
The mirror panel or cover is not in play - so ignore this.
The door closer grip/hand grip is a bit difficult ; its cover must be popped off, using a small screwdriver or pry - this requires lots of effort; the rest is obvious/common sense.
The blind rivet , there is one, I think ...Here, just push in the center pin and it will lose its grip...
I am faced with the identical task, and in this horrible heat...:evil:

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can buy new ones but why have to go through the hassle of waiting if theyre not broken. You will need a star bit not too sure what size, You will need to pop half of the door handle off and the cover behind where you open the door...(Its early my brains working slow today) Remove the bolts and any others that you see. I actually broke a piece off of the mirror cover plate but used Plastic Steel Putty to duplicate the clip. Im sure there is a trick to take it off though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You can buy new ones but why have to go through the hassle of waiting if theyre not broken.
I recommended it because they WILL break. I've dealt with this issue three times and it was a broken roller all 3 times. That's why I recommend replacing both while the door skin is off. The plastic has a finite life span given all the temperature changes it goes through.

·
Registered
131 Posts
From my experience the window starts to warn you that these are going to break before they do. My window started to make squeaking noises as it closed all the way for a week or two before mine broke. So if you hear squeaking noises coming from any of your windows when closing them its a good idea to buy some of these just in case. When they break it is a pain because sometimes the window falls completely off the track and is a nightmare to get closed. Murphy's law also states that these will always break right before it rains. :cheesy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts