SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 saab 9-3 and have been looking for the pass. door lock act. for MONTHS now and cant find anything. I got the part number from a chevy dealer a while back but every time I search for it I get different looking parts from different sites. Has anyone dealt with this problem and can point me in the right direction? I am really getting tired of having to unlock the door for everyone that gets in my car.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
What is the part number you were given?

The EPC I have at the moment only goes to 2007 but the part number for the passenger front door is 12759692. Seems to be the same in 2008 but you should double check fitment for 2008.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the part number you were given?

The EPC I have at the moment only goes to 2007 but the part number for the passenger front door is 12759692. Seems to be the same in 2008 but you should double check fitment for 2008.
My part number is 12759693.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I think I know what the issue you are having is. The part number you were given is for the TSL version of the lock actuator. As far as I know the TSL version was not available in the US/Canada. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

TSL is a somewhat more secure locking system if you do some searching you will see what it entails. The number I listed should be the correct one. About $110 at saabpartsonline.com. Plug the part number into the advanced search page.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I know what the issue you are having is. The part number you were given is for the TSL version of the lock actuator. As far as I know the TSL version was not available in the US/Canada. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

TSL is a somewhat more secure locking system if you do some searching you will see what it entails. The number I listed should be the correct one. About $110 at saabpartsonline.com. Plug the part number into the advanced search page.
That would be a problem. Thank you for the help. I will poke around some more and let you know what I find.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Crack the unit open and fix it. I had a problem with my rear passengers door. It was inoperative for a couple of years. I finally purchased a replacement and it turned out to be the wrong part. Since I had taken the old one out, I decided to crack it open and see what was going on. I found a broken green disc. I removed the disc, put it back together and all is good. It's been in there several months now and hasn't given me any problem. There is also an electrical fix you can do by cleaning up the connection to the motor. Google is your friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts