SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this? While I'm driving (with no passengers) the Passenger Airbag "off" light will continually dim and get brighter. It's annoying because it's enough that it catches my attention every time it happens. Is this a voltage dip or something? No other lights are doing this though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is normal. When is darker outside the light dims and the other way around. For instance it dims when you are driving under the bridge, overpass, etc.

sm0kescreen said:
Has anyone seen this? While I'm driving (with no passengers) the Passenger Airbag "off" light will continually dim and get brighter. It's annoying because it's enough that it catches my attention every time it happens. Is this a voltage dip or something? No other lights are doing this though.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Happens with all your dash lights, just more noticible with the bright yellow airbag light. Sensor controls light brightness based on the ambient light, as stated above.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
God, that is so annoying then. It attracts my attention everytime it happens...you'd think with their focus on safety they wouldn't make it so every 30 seconds or so my eyes want to look down at the dash.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
why do all GM vehicles have this hideous light? my mother purchased an 07 Chey Impala, and while it does have this light it is about 1/10th the size of ours. I cant stand it! and the thought of adding duct tape to a 28k sedan is ridiculous.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't know. I can't for the life of me figure out why it is SO important that at every moment I know what the status of my passenger airbag is. I am looking for a nice square piece of plastic that matches the dash to glue over this area.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I just noticed that mine does this too. Now that I'm aware of it, I see it all the time. Probably did it 10 times on the way to work today.
There's no fix for this? Ack!! How annoying!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts