SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Does anyone know if the front seats from a 9-3 sedan are compatible replacements for a 9-3 convertible? I am looking at seats from a 2002 9-3 SE sedan to replace the worn front seats for my 1999 9-3 SE convertible. I am wondering if the bolts line up etc... Thanks!

·
Registered
606 Posts
No problem! Only problem you might run into is to make sure they are both electric or youll have to swap some stuff. Other than that, they will bolt in and hold you. I had to swap my bases onto the 95 seats since they were different and my car is manual seats and the 95 seats are originally electric.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If thats the case it will be direct swap. Make sure to disconnect the battery for 30+ mins before removing since there are airbag sensors and you dont want an airbag light. Re-connect it after you finished the total install.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
The hatchback seats (was no sedan) don't have the the function to fold the seat back forward for access to the rear seats (the 3 door coupe did, but that wasn't available as an SE in 2002, so your donor car will be a 5 door hatch).

You might just want to swap over the leather between the two if you use the rear seats ever.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes they are. The rear seats are not compatible, but the fronts should be the same. I actually have 03 9-5 Aero seats in my 99 9-3 lol.
Was it a direct swap or did you have to modify anything? My 2001 9-3 seats are pretty worn and it's easier to get 9-5 seats than 9-3 ones. Thanks

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
Was it a direct swap or did you have to modify anything? My 2001 9-3 seats are pretty worn and it's easier to get 9-5 seats than 9-3 ones. Thanks

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
I had to swap my manual bases on them and i had to wire power to the driver and the passenger is a big hassle with wireing so i havent done that yet since the tops are still electric. I have a 3 door but rarely have anyone in the backseat so i just scoot the seat forward and use the switch to move the top forward and anyone can fit. They are a tight fit against the cwnter console but they fit. I also have the 03 Aero ones that have bigger bolsters than the regular ones.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
The mounting points are the same, but the actual seat on the 9-5 sits more towards the outside of the car vs. the 9-3, this makes there less clearance between the car door and seat trim with the power switches on, they will still fit, just it can be tight getting your hands down there with the door closed if you have big hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.