SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are people's experiences in having problems getting parts? The situation changes so let's share our experiences for a 3 month period of April to June 2012.

Anyone get into a collision?
Engine parts?
Electronics?
Suspension?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Suspension parts won't happen.. I needed replacement front springs and could not get any. Ended up getting lucky and getting some eibach springs... Even some aftermarket stuff is getting hard to find... :-(

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
Couldn't find any Aero front springs either. Had to get Eibachs. Went ahead and got Koni Yellows too. Didn't have issue with bushings and mounts from thesaabsite which was nice.

Passenger front door lock actuator is dead/dying and none of the sites had one in stock. Found a used one through Goldwing Saab.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I bought an SAI pump from goldwing last week (didn't want to buy this used but I had no choice!)

If it doesn't work then I have no choice but to dump the car because I'm 6 months past due on my inspection ;oops:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I just ordered vogtlands and koni yellows from GS without an issue, then ordered the strut mounts and bearings from thesaabsite and havn't gotten any response yet saying they're not available....so far so good!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is anyone finding themselves proactively replacing any parts? I wasn't planning on replacing my purge valve, but found some new ones on Ebay and got one anyways since the dealer said they were on backorder. Figure better now then when it throws a CEL and I can't find one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Front & rear pads/rotors for Turbo X from Power Slot at substantially less expense than OE alternatives. BTW, front rotors/pads and rear rotors are unique to the Turbo X/9-3 XWD but I was able to find the appropriate parts numbers without too much trouble.

Master cylinder resevoir cap replacement I sourced from GenuineSaab.com (billet aluminum vs. plastic) at nearly the same cost due to trouble finding OE replacement conveniently.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Purge Valves for these cars are used by many other GM cars. I replaced mine with one for a Caddy SRX and discarded the extra mounting bracket it came with. Works fine. It's an AC Delco part and easily found for 20-25 bucks at any dealership or online. Don't buy the Saab model number specific one.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am having trouble getting coolant reservoir and cap for my Aero (V6).
leaking all over the place due to degrading plastic and broken cap.
worried that soon the car wont be drivable. My service says that parts may not be available for another month.
Still concerned this will be an ongoing issue as our autos age.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am having trouble getting coolant reservoir and cap for my Aero (V6).
leaking all over the place due to degrading plastic and broken cap.
worried that soon the car wont be drivable. My service says that parts may not be available for another month.
Still concerned this will be an ongoing issue as our autos age.
Cap:
http://www.rmeuropean.com/Part-Number/Expansion-Tank-Cap-__9202799_FEB_D18BD03A.aspx

Tank:

http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/93heatingcooling03on.htm

You just have to keep looking, the part will show up. If nothing else, call Mike Shaw @ SaabPartsUSA.com. He's pretty good at sourcing parts.

Also, and someone here may know for sure, the SRX cap is a direct fit. The tank may be a direct fit as well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just had to purchase a used window regulator for my door because they couldnt get a new one for my 2003 ARC. Still going strong at 160,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I have been trying to source a RHS auto dimming mirror glass (for RHD model) since last August with no luck in USA and Europe. Saab Australia has one for like $380 :eek: which I just cant bring myself to pay. Using old one with a new glass cut by local autoglass people for like $30.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Oddly enough I didn't need anything the past 3 months. Hope the car stays this trouble free for a long time ;ol; maybe finally get back to modding rather than fixing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts