SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thanks to this board and everyones posts i was able to install a Parrot CK3100 into my 2005 Aero using the Saab harness. Everything is working except the mute function is delayed so much the system unmutes before any sound comes through during ringing and menu scrolling.

Not being able to hear the spoken menus is ok i guess, although i wish i could. The big problem is not being able to hear the phone ring. Since the system only mutes during an actual ring (ring,unmute,ring,unmute....) with this delayed mute the system has unmuted before the ringer sounds - therefore no ring comes through the speakers.

Using the Parrot harness I connected the yellow mute wire, after the black box built into the harness, to pin 4 on the Saab harness. I'm thinking i have a defective harness since the system does mute, just not fast enough.

Did i do something wrong? Any ideas appreciated before i send the Parrot back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, no response yet but there is that time difference.

Thanks for the quick reply NocBlue - your posts were how i learned about leaving the black box in the Parrot mute harness - big help.

I'm hoping someone here has also experienced this and has found a quick, easy fix.

Do you have spoken menus activated on your system and if so does your mute cut off the Parrots voice?

I did update to 4.10d on the Parrot, i'm wondering if i shouldn't have now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Haven't upgraded yet... maybe I will hold off ;) . No I have not enabled any of the voice activation, but will try and get to it this weekend I will let you know how it goes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts