SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys -

I apologize if this information is already out there somewhere but I search the various SAAB forums on the web and although I have found a lot of threads on this topic I can't really find a solution.

I have a 2001 SAAB 9-3 SE Convert with OnStar and I just installed a Parrot CK3100 kit. I pulled the passenger kick panel, unplugged the OnStar plug (375 plug I think) and plugged in the Parrot using a Quick Connect harness. I don't believe the quality is quite as good as the OnStar hands free phone used to be (I think because the Onstar used to come through all the speakers and the Parrot is only coming through the front dash speakers) but still I think it is very good quality. I do have two problems I’m hoping someone can help me solve:

1) When I’m on a call there is some engine interference coming through the speakers. It sounds like a faint whining noise that increases and decrease with engine speed. It increases as I step on the accelerator and stops when I let off.

2) When I end a call, there is a popping noise that comes through the speakers as the Parrot disconnects?
Has anyone else encountered these issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

1 - 1 of 1 Posts