SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need EXACT dimentions of Parrot CK3000 Evlolution and CK3000 (non-evolution -older model) comannder module dimentions (width, length, thickness).

·
Registered
267 Posts
schernov said:
Hi, I need EXACT dimentions of Parrot CK3000 Evlolution and CK3000 (non-evolution -older model) comannder module dimentions (width, length, thickness).
Damn, the evolution is much nicer than the older style which is what I have. I never would have known it existed if you hadn't posted this.

Which piece are you looking for the dimmensions on? I assume the main control box, but there's also the module connected to the mute harness.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Parrot CK3X00 sizes

Not sure why your asking and I could have easily told you two months ago. Now it's in the console and hard to measure.

If your looking for possible constraints where you can mount one, there is no issue putting it under the console before the shifter. Plenty of room having it lie on it's long side and tieing it off to the console brace. I placed some foam padding between it and the brace before I used zip ties on it.

The CK3000 comes with a long length of wire and connectors on it. You really only have to be concerned with five wires from the unit (not counting the mic) to wire into the Saab. For switched power and a good ground tie in to the back of the Cigurate connecter. For the constant power use the orange wire coming from the back of the CD player (you can always insert and remove cd's without the key). For the speaker wires run them up to the back of the headend unit along with the mute wire. Either go to a local autoshop and get the smallest spade plugs you can find or pop for that wire kit from the company that also has Aux-in adapter. For the mic, run it up behind the glove box over to the piller then accross the roof to the overhead map light. If you have other stuff hiden away under the console and aren't concerned about maybe moving the H/F unit to another car some day, clip all the excess wire bundles. Also beware if your car is I believe a 2003 or 2004 you need to go to Radio-shack and get an isolation transformer to wire in before you connect to the radio speakers. Get the lower priced unit without the connectors and just wire it in.

Another small point, for the parrot they look for a continuous power source. The idea being that if your on a phone call and park the car and remove the key you want to complete call before power is removed. When you use the Saab radio your SOL. Once you remove the key, the phone will stay connected, you just won't be able to hear thru your radio because it's off.

Final point, when I ran the mic line behind the glove box it looked like there would be enough room to put the unit there if you wedged it the right way.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. I am looking for the dimentions of the small control pad where the pickup and hangup buttons are...

I am thinking about de-installing ONstar buttons and getting a blank cover from MY05 (w.o. Onstar ) and cutting a whole in it to fit the control unit in there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
schernov said:
Thanks for the tips guys. I am looking for the dimentions of the small control pad where the pickup and hangup buttons are...

I am thinking about de-installing ONstar buttons and getting a blank cover from MY05 (w.o. Onstar ) and cutting a whole in it to fit the control unit in there.
I dont have the exact dimmensions of the pad, but if I remember correctly it is a bit taller than the strip where the cupholder and onstar buttons are. I was planning on putting mine there as well, but ended up attaching it to the dash just to the left of where the on star buttons would be.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GIR said:
I dont have the exact dimmensions of the pad, but if I remember correctly it is a bit taller than the strip where the cupholder and onstar buttons are. I was planning on putting mine there as well, but ended up attaching it to the dash just to the left of where the on star buttons would be.
You got the original, not evolution kit, right? I like the looks of the original kit better, looks more stock. But evolution one might fit in that space :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
control pad location

You could do that and I can walk out to the car and get those dim's easily. It's footprint is probably about the size of the on-star buttons, but it does have a rectangler base you would want to recess in the trim so only the buttons and knob are exposed.

What I did was run the wire from below the console and back thru just above the storage area in the front of the console. Wide open hole that will allow you so move the control around until your happy. I then mounted it to the left side of the storage area towards the driver. You can see the red and green lights looking at it from the side. Did this way to avoid cutting or chaning anything stock on the car and to not have it stand out so much. This way I can remove the unit when I want and not impact the look of the car. You do have to remove the Ashtray (or second storage area) to better feed the wire thru.

·
Registered
267 Posts
schernov said:
You got the original, not evolution kit, right? I like the looks of the original kit better, looks more stock. But evolution one might fit in that space :)
Yeah, it's the original kit. I'd measure it for you, but the car is sitting at the airport...

·
Registered
37 Posts
CK3000 dims

I have the unit (old one) and haven't installed it yet.
Its 6-1/16" in lenth with the connection tabs included
5-1/4" without the tabs, just the rectangular box.
2-1/4" wide
1-3/16" high including the raised logo
Mine is black and reads SW3.13 on the label. Made in France.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
CK3000 control module

I've just reread your original post and what you want is the keypad with the green and red phone buttons.
Its 1-11/16" in length at the top where its longest. (Its not a rectangle, but more of a trapeziod)
Its 1" wide from top to bottom. (Looking head on at the 2 buttons this is the height of the keypad).
It's 7/16" deep or thick. Including the sticky back pad.

The wire comes of the bottom between the 2 buttons but its centered in the thickness of the pad. It might make it difficult to place in lieu of the onstar buttons.

Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Install help

Now that I know most if not all of you own a saab and a parrot ck3000, I need to ask for help. How to connect the CK3000 correctly to the car.

I own a 2005 93 aero with prewiring for phone and an infotainment system (no nav). No onstar.
I've read through all the posts in the forum I could find and I've purchased what I believe I need.
I read through posts by Heatvent, NocBlue, Deli-Llama, GIR and others..
I have the following:
-CK3000 kit
-Saab Harness 12801583

I want to connect using the built-in mic and speakers in the car. I also plan to put the keypay next to the dash cuphold, since I don't have Onstar buttons in the way.
Now my issue is that also the posts I find are for 2004 and earlier models using the EHU connections and most lack a clear diagram of what to splice to what.
Specifically, from the Parrot unit, which harness should I cut for the power and mute cable? I know the ISO connectors don't apply, since I have the 375 connector and harness there. I need a clear guide or diagram to splice wire to wire, and which wire harness to use. Male is my guess, but no one states that.
Knowing that I want to use the saab mic and speakers, I noticed many went with other options, i.e. different wiring.
Any help would be appreciated. You can PM me if you want.
Thanks again for all your help so far.

·
Registered
166 Posts
guys, I recently bought a parrot ck3000 evolution, and had it installed on my 93 (thanks to epsilon!)

my first take of the product is its inferior quality look, especially when you look at the material that's used in the control panel. The backlit is also dimmer than what it shold be, so overall I don't really feel good as far as quality goes.

The functionality, on the otherhand, is reasonably good, the sound quality over Saab's speaker, and the voice input over the parrot's microphone are crystal clear. We tried to re-use the stock microphone, while we got the wiring, but the plug (which we tap from the harness) into Parrot's mic-input just didn't fit properly, resulting in poor quality voice-input (hence resorting to parrot's mic due to time constraint)

What I like about Parrot over other carkit, is its ability to transfer phone contact in my PPC (pocket PC) phone to Parrot, so that I can carry out voice-dialing over bluetooth.

So far it's working well for me, except that I am going to re-position the control to a less-conspicuous place. It does fit well just beside the cup-tray, but I don't really like its current position.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Funnily enough I had the CK3000 unit installed into my vert this morning. Not the Evolution but the standard CK3000 unit. Looks much more stock.

Only difficulty was to reconfigure the adaptor lead to the correct, saab installed, mic wires. Used low level wire on pin 14. Also had to adapt the 3.5mm jack socket to a 2.5mm jack used on the adapter lead Quality of the Saab microphone is really quite good. Have they changed in the 06 model?

Placed the call/cancel dashboard unit in the storaga tray where the ashtray used to be.

This thread proved the most value to me and my installer as it contained the European pin outs. Thanks heatvent and Dnort.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51444&page=2&pp=20&highlight=ck3000

Mated my Motorola V3 and have to say I am very impressed. Also chuffed with the £150 cost of the kit and installation.

Spinner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts