SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My SPA has,, in the last few days decided that putting the car into reverse immediately means there is something 6" behind me :)

They have been a little temperamental for a while but in the main worked as they should. Now however, each time I go into reverse I get the continuous sound.
No error code on SID so the system clearly believes something to be there.
I can only guess that there is perhaps a short in one of the sensors :-(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Have you checked the wiring that goes from the left rear of the car into the trunk lid? I pulled the wiring sheath down and found several bare wires and one broken wire in mine. It caused park assist to beep when in drive with headlights on and several other weird things. I fixed the broken wire once but it broke again 6 months later, so I bought spare wire, butt connectors, and replaced a section of wire for each wire in the sheath.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chopin

It is an Estate (Sportswagon) so the bootlid (trunk lid) issue does not apply here.

I haven't as yet looked into it at all, my post was a little rhetorical really.
A little bit of, what now :)

I must admit, I have had 2x the 'nigglies' on this 02 Aero in 10 weeks than I had on a 99 SE saloon in 3 yrs.
It seeems there is always a new knock or rattle or niggly irritation that I will look into at some stage. :-(

Oh well, that is car ownership for you

·
Registered
145 Posts
If it's not the wiring, I don't know what would be causing it other than a sensor. I've never had one go bad so I don't know what inside them or anything. I hear you on lots of things needing to be taken care of. I've been doing a seemingly endless list the past month and am really ready to be done doing anything other than driving. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts