SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 9-5 2.3t
When headlight switch is straight-up(park light position) and ignition switch is on, the low-beam headlights Come on.

I assume this should not happen.

Could it just be the headlight switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
In the US, that's exactly how they work because of Saab's wonky DRL implementation. We're not given the option of just having the parking lights on. You have to reprogram the lights with a Tech 2 if you want to have just the parking lights come on in the middle position if you still want your DRLs. I did that on my wife's 9-5. On my 9-5, I disabled the DRLs, which is another way of getting the parking lights to work as they should in the headlight switch's middle position.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did pull the fuse for the DRL’s.
Do I still need to do something
Else to disable them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Even when light switch is in right?

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
Just curious...why is that an issue?

Is your car hard to start?

Does starting with the DRL's cause a problem of some sort?
Well, cycling the HIDs doesn't do them much good. And they do come on briefly even if the switch is all the way to the right, and the key goes through the ON position to START. Then they shut off, then turn on again when the engine starts.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Well, cycling the HIDs doesn't do them much good. And they do come on briefly even if the switch is all the way to the right, and the key goes through the ON position to START. Then they shut off, then turn on again when the engine starts.
Is that different from other manufacturers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts