SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At times when I am backing up the SID will say "Park Assist" but there is no audible noise. Today I tried shifting in and out of reverse and Park Assist never came on the SID and I knowingly got close to another car to see if it would appear or make a tone.

Speed warning also has same effect. I can drive over the speed limit warning with it set to ON and it does nothing. Any clues?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blinkers make a relay noise. Haven’t thought about the seatbelt warning. I know the overhead light (fasten seatbelt) comes on though.

There isn’t a tone for the headlight switch. It seems my headlights are always on anyway no matter what the switch is set to. I can only keep the high beams on and fogs on with the headlight switch turned on. Not even sure why there is a switch to be honest. Xenon’s are always on it seems.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
PARK ASSIST only appears when you're in reverse AND there's something detected behind you. So we know that the system knows you're in reverse (switches can fail, particularly on the manual transmissions) and there's something behind you. So, SID is not sounding.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is an auto. I can back right up to another vehicle and no audible tones are heard. Also no seatbelt or key in ignition and door open tones are heard either

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
If you're not hearing the loud ticking noise for the blinkers through your SID, either, then it sounds like your SID's speaker has failed.

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
No, there's a tiny speaker inside the SID on the dashboard, above the radio, unless your car is a 2006 or newer. In that case, I'm not sure where they put the speaker for the SID.

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
A quick Google search shows that the SID is a black box on the back of the instrument cluster in your car. You can see if in the second picture from the top here:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts