SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most parasitic draws are vexing but this one appears to have different modes.
A. When first applying power to the system using an in-series amp meter, current flows at 2-3A and then settles down to 0.15A after 30 seconds.
B. If either door is opened and then closed, current flows at 4-5A while interior lights are illuminated, after which the current draw is between 2-3A. This draw continues for at least 5 minutes, maybe longer.
C. Removal of the F30 MAXI fuse drops the draw to approximately 40mA.

Questions:
1. What set of small fuses are wired through the F30 MAXI?
2. What does the door open/close sequence tell me about the systems that are activated and appear to continue drawing power?
3. Is a 0.15A (150mA) parasitic draw acceptable?
4. There is an audible "click", emanating from the vehicles drivers side, that first "opens" and then "closes" within the power-up sequence. This sounds normal but is this something that should be further investigated?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Full system shutdown(modules/ECU etc) after locking the car is probably at least 10mins (its about 15mins on a 9-5 dont know exactly on the 9-3)
So you need to measure later and see if it drops in stages...again on the 9-5 its 10-30mA by the time its done its thing........I would have thought the 9-3 would be same ballpark,
You need to look at the wiring diagrams in the WIS for the fuse layouts.(download Tech2 section or www.saabwisonline.com)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I traced the draw to the ISM as was suggested by jglover. I had been having intermittent steering lock issues and so I should have realized that was a clue. Replaced with an OEM ISM and the draw is now 10miliamps. Thanks everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts