SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI, any help to diagnose where the drain is? Multimeter on 20m shows 0.21 draw. I am not sure that means 21 amps, or 2.1 milliamps or .21 milliamps. The cooling fan comes on despite the car being cold and off for hours, and I also hear a shutter moving in the air vent on RHS I have been playing with the ACC recently resetting it to get the upper shutters moving, also when last driving b4 this, there was an EMS light, but I hadn't put my OBD reader on as I was so tired. The EMS warning light never came on since sitting idle and there are no faults detected...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yes, is exactly 0.21 constant draw when on a setting on multimeter of 20m. pulling the fuses has not found yet.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
no fuse or engine fuse or relay that I have pulled has eliminated the issue. So, was the cooling fan coming on when already off for hours, and after ignition key turned off an electric or mechanical whirring noise shutter moving in the dash, My brushes on alt regulator were good and it is a changed unit was working well. When engine was running (with this problem) battery was getting back 14v plus.
Ignition cylinder good popping up. Climate control unit pulled but did not reduce the current draw.
EDIT: I changed setting to read up to ten amps and is on steady draw of - .29. I am unsure that is amps or milliamps. Maybe it is 29 amps.
Can you think of any system that draw that current linked to the acc system and cooling fan system?

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
Cooling fan comes on when battery voltage drops too low in Trionic.
Change battery.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cooling fan comes on when battery voltage drops too low in Trionic.
Change battery.
I see. That can ex[plain the fan coming on. of course another battery and charged fully. Still a constant draw. I am gonna take the dash off to get at the right side .. something whirring in there ..

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
Remember that car goes to "sleep" after 30 mins and "wakes up" in every action.
If you keep key in ignition lock, car will not "go sleep" at all.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What system when voltage reduces in the battery the amp draw is parallel and also slows - 30 amp draw @ 12volt charge, 20 amp draw at 10 volts,..

What Mimmi says below, so the car ticks on despite key out of car, and a system can come on any time? I guessed at it by the coolant fan coming on by itself, but I thought it was detecting heat, rather than responding to a voltage drop.

I cannot find the elec system that this issue is located as I have puled all fuses relays to no result. Alt is putting back 14+

I did have the whirring in the dash area. And funny enough, my acc unit is pretty weird and not operating, so I will install a spare. Also, is heaps of blow by oil down near the alternator as I have been thrashing it lately and didn't add the second clip on the blow valve rubber tube. So am cleaning that in case of some shorting caused by oil - never heard of it but who knows ..

Remember that car goes to "sleep" after 30 mins and "wakes up" in every action.

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
TWICE listens all radio communication at remote frequency (315Mhz or 433.92MHz depending area etc). When it hears radio communication, it verifies it with stored (rolling) code.
If code is right, TWICE opens locks (and turns on interior lights), shuts off alarm, wakes rest of car waiting for driver etc.
If code is not right, TWICE ignores it and commands rest of car to sleep at once.

When key is in ignition lock, TWICE asks key (IMMO code) regularly.
When you remove key from ignition lock (key barrel pops out), TWICE stops asking key and commands rest of car to sleep after shut out time.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see. I don't think it is to do with radio, lights or alarm. I made a video which is a sound that came on I am pretty sure after I had pulled the keys from ignition (cylinder popped up and radio went off). I wonder if it is a source of drain. I will take dash thing off to get at it.

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
Sounds that ACC flap motor drives from end to end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts