SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've got a minor problem with my panel on the right that displays the MPH speed and the MPG fuel usage. It's a '99 9-3.

Mainly the problem is that my MPH doesn't go over 27. Just as well, it stays at 5 MPH when at a stand still.

I've tried clearing it and resetting it but that didn't do much.

Also, how do I change the date? I know how to change the time, but I don't see where or how to change the date =(

My car didn't come with the manual and I'm having a bit of trouble finding a manual for it without paying a rediculous amount.

Thank you ^_^

-Marcus

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Talking about the SID correct?

Press and hold the set buttom until it beeps and blinks, then you can set the date.

Press set each time to advance to the next setting.

Your MPH is an alarm setting. Set that ti let the SID beep when you're over the speed limit that you have set. Use the set feature above on the SPD setting.

At the main setting, press and hold clear until it beeps and clears everything. It would be best to do this while driving so you can see the MPG reset to -- and then start averaging.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SPATL said:
Talking about the SID correct?

Press and hold the set buttom until it beeps and blinks, then you can set the date.

Press set each time to advance to the next setting.

Your MPH is an alarm setting. Set that ti let the SID beep when you're over the speed limit that you have set. Use the set feature above on the SPD setting.

At the main setting, press and hold clear until it beeps and clears everything. It would be best to do this while driving so you can see the MPG reset to -- and then start averaging.
=( Mine doesn't have a set button.
It's just the 2 dots that increase and decrease the time, a clear button, the down button, the up button, and the night panel button.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody else have the panel where it isn't split into Clear/Set but it's just one long Clear button?

Where is the set button on that? Is the Clear button working as the SET button?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Can you post a picture of your SID? I know that there are several variants, and the designations (SID1, SID2, etc.) seem to vary year to year. A picture won't lie. As for your MPH, that is probably not the speed warning setting (which should go a lot higher than 27), but the average MPH, which will only change very slowly over time. Mine usually reads around 25-28 MPH due to a lot of city driving.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dabrig said:
Can you post a picture of your SID? I know that there are several variants, and the designations (SID1, SID2, etc.) seem to vary year to year. A picture won't lie. As for your MPH, that is probably not the speed warning setting (which should go a lot higher than 27), but the average MPH, which will only change very slowly over time. Mine usually reads around 25-28 MPH due to a lot of city driving.

Well the MPH thing you answered very well, I do do a lot of city driving, didn't think it to be average mph.

This is what my SID looks like http://kramermicrorepair.com/images/93SID1After.jpg

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You'll just hold clear + ^ I think. (hold it for ~5 seconds)
If that puts you into language and measuring units, clear and do clear + V
your manual does have instructions in it.

I have a SID-1 as well.
the p/o replaced the SID 2 with it =0[

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G96nt said:
You'll just hold clear + ^ I think. (hold it for ~5 seconds)
If that puts you into language and measuring units, clear and do clear + V
your manual does have instructions in it.

I have a SID-1 as well.
the p/o replaced the SID 2 with it =0[
Thank you so very much, I will try it as soon as I get off work ^_^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts