SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well due to a recent act of vandilism on my car, i'll be taking her to a body shop to get the passenger side doors repainted.

while i'm there i'm probably going to have the black inserts painted to match the car.

i worked up a little photoshop to get a rough idea:

very rough, but you get the idea. i would imagine it looks MUCH Better with the actual gaurds in place because they make nice lines in the side of the car.

any comments? i've seen a red and black 93 painted to match, i think i'll be the first silver one..

·
Banned
109 Posts

I like the saab with no trim pieces. I love the look of Shaved. ;) ;)

I also like to an extent the 2dr mod. But ide rather keep all four doors to function.

but i will say again. Shavvvvvvvvvvvvvvved is sexy

·
Registered
409 Posts
That looks very sharp. But how do you get in? It better not be some kind of "Dukes of Hazzard" thing... ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
That 2 door conversion is beautifull !! . Why oh why did Saab not make that theirselves ???

It looks a lot nicer than the BMW 3 series coupe !!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
got.boost? - that car is amazing. is that a photoshop or an actual car?

with that thing lowered like that, is there even any room to turn it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
tgadd said:
got.boost? - that car is amazing. is that a photoshop or an actual car?
Everything about that car has been photoshopped, the ride height, wheels & brakes, two door conversion, shaved everything, etc.

That said, I think the shaved doors might look nice, but without handles it's too "plain" in my book.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well that is still a nice looking car. I would defintely shave everything off the doors. I don't think I would completely make the rear lights solid red. And I think I'd leave it a 4 door

What's photoshopped about the wheels and brakes?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think we are all getting fed up with the fading on the plastics of our cars....I don't mean to take this tread off course, but as far as painting goes: Has anyone painted their guards with a trim paint to maintain the stock look? There has been a lot of debate on here about using products like Back to Black, but I am looking for a one time fix. I had terrible fading on my front grill, and after shooting it with some Matte Black trim paint, it looks amazing. Total stock look but perfectly black. It improved the look of the car incredibly and I am looking to do the strips as well as the plastic grill between the fog lights. Has anyone done this to either? I really want a stock factory look.......not a 4 year old outdoor stored look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm really upset that the wheels are photoshopped
i was gonna say...where did you find those. they are a nice fit

btw nice job on the photoshop. the car looks sick

·
Registered
22 Posts
tgadd said:
What's photoshopped about the wheels and brakes?
The wheels (and brakes) were taken off another photo and artfully grafted on this Saab. It does look nice, in fact it's one of the best way to "preview" mods you want to do to your car!

·
Registered
22 Posts
BTW, this is slightly off-topic but with the doors shaven and the rear bumper smoothed out with the black valence and all, this Saab is starting to remind me of my good ol' Contour SVT. :lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I prefer stock IMHO. I think it looks perfect the way it is, honestly when I used to see SAABs I always thought the rubber was part of the appeal. Only car I know pulls off rubber handles without looking like the 'base model'

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I'm going to paint my trim pieces black so I don't have to worry about fading. Door handles will get the same treatment. That is further down the line for me though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
-Pascal said:
BTW, this is slightly off-topic but with the doors shaven and the rear bumper smoothed out with the black valence and all, this Saab is starting to remind me of my good ol' Contour SVT. :lol:
Ewww.... Pascal... no offense but... ewwww. :nono;

·
Banned
109 Posts
Acidradio said:
That looks very sharp. But how do you get in? It better not be some kind of "Dukes of Hazzard" thing... ;)
Its called, "door poppers" you have a key fob that actually "pops" the door open.

You can buy them online if you truly dislike having door handles.
for example

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=3268

$189 for a kit that does 4 doors.

in this cars case it only has two.

And the mod can be doable. Photoshopped or not, I can't tell you, but it can be done.

I love the look of not having those stupid panel pieces going down the side. I love the clean look. Even the removal of the door handles.

The car is just sexy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
jayarekay338 said:
I think we are all getting fed up with the fading on the plastics of our cars....I don't mean to take this tread off course, but as far as painting goes: Has anyone painted their guards with a trim paint to maintain the stock look? There has been a lot of debate on here about using products like Back to Black, but I am looking for a one time fix. I had terrible fading on my front grill, and after shooting it with some Matte Black trim paint, it looks amazing. Total stock look but perfectly black. It improved the look of the car incredibly and I am looking to do the strips as well as the plastic grill between the fog lights. Has anyone done this to either? I really want a stock factory look.......not a 4 year old outdoor stored look.
Check this out
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109357

1 - 20 of 51 Posts