SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all again does anyone know a good place to buy a touch up kit? as my saab is a sort of off silver colour (like champagne) i'm worried i wont get a good match if i buy from say halfords etc any suggestions would be great.

·
Banned
637 Posts
the DEALER.. has two component touch up kits.. Base coat and Clear coat.
Reality is though.. the colour match will be problematic regardless. Metallic paints are V critical and Brushing on the Metallic then covering with Clear.. works better than without the Clear coat. but the match is still 'off' rather noticeably if larger than 1/4' diameter.
There are myriad "Touch Up Vans" lurking about.. dealers use these roving painter to remove Blemishes on Cars they are trying to Sell both Brand New and Used.. Results are guaranteed :) reasonably priced for the most part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thought of a dealer but need something like mail order as i live in rural north wales also don't get many 'vans' that want to travel to this area not sure were the nearest saab dealer is to me actually i'll have to check

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Interestingly, I observe no actual benefit to using touch up apart from the obvious clour one. It is very tricky to get an acceptable result.

You will be pleased to know that I have observed no significant difference in rusting between touched up rock chips and non touched up rock chips on my 86 9000T with 290,000 hard km on the odometer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts