SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 1993 900 SE i 16V in a metallic blue colour, not one I'd seen before, anyone know the name of it? It was one of the last 900 classic style sold in UK I'm told, what other colours did they come in?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't find a sticker in the boot, the previous owner had loads of stickers about Rotary Club, National Trust etc but there are no useful ones like paint colours!
Looking at the paint chips I think it is more likely to be Nocturne Blue as it is lighter than the Le Mans looks.
I had a Cirrus White Aero a few years ago and loved it but the rust finally won, then I had a 9-3 SE, lovely modern car but not really a SAAB. Last week I saw the 900 in the dealers and knew I had to go for it, as my son said, I've been looking longingly at every 900 we've seen recently so I swapped the 9-3 for it.
In financial terms the dealer got a bargain but oh the joy of driving a proper SAAB again!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Have a look on the inside of the passenger door. There may be a sticker with tyre pressures listed that will also have a paint code.

Le Mans blue changes depending on the light. There's another pic of it here:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Jezzadee said:
Have a look on the inside of the passenger door. There may be a sticker with tyre pressures listed that will also have a paint code.

Le Mans blue changes depending on the light. There's another pic of it here:

look at the reflection of that gorgous Cirrus White T8 Monster :cheesy: :cheesy:

Paul

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
somehow I don't really like the color black anymore on a C900...Could someone show a pic of a black C900 along with a Le Mans blue C900...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paint mystery solved

Finally found a sticker, on a tiny bottle of touch up paint in the recesses of the boot , the number is 234 so it is Nocturne Blue!
I haven't seen any others this shade before,it only seems to be on the 1993 page of the autocolour library site so maybe it was just a one off for the final year of production. The sunroof deflector is a deep blue almost purple colour and the leather interior dark grey. It's got a walnut dashboard which I'm not sure if I like or not, it was a dealer fit at a later date (the bill is in the pack of documents) but somehow dark brown wood is wrong with the blue and grey! They should have made a birch version! Was there ever a different dash other than the standard dark grey plastic and the walnut?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
xtiand said:
Was there ever a different dash other than the standard dark grey plastic and the walnut?
A couple of aftermarket manufacturers have kits in all kinds of finishes. This one has a good selection:
http://www.woodtonetrim.com/cgi-bin/s_model.cgi

I've been thinking about a brushed aluminum or carbon fiber set for my 'vert.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's the same wooden dash that I have Jezzadee, I just think that the wood is a strange mixture with the grey and blue, just personal choice! The wood itself is great, but I think it would suit the brown or cream interiors better.
I love the Toppola addition http://www.saabcentral.com/features/saab_900/misc/toppola_a.php
Do you think an Aga would fit in the kitchen area (Keep it Swedish!)

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
eggsngrits said:
A couple of aftermarket manufacturers have kits in all kinds of finishes. This one has a good selection:
http://www.woodtonetrim.com/cgi-bin/s_model.cgi

I've been thinking about a brushed aluminum or carbon fiber set for my 'vert.
Arghh...

Just figured out how to post the colors, etc. -- again, I think that the carbon fiber would look very good on a c900.

·
Registered
11 Posts
xtiand said:
I've just bought a 1993 900 SE i 16V in a metallic blue colour, not one I'd seen before, anyone know the name of it? It was one of the last 900 classic style sold in UK I'm told, what other colours did they come in?
i just bought a 900 XS inj in Citrin - very slight lemon tint to the silver

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that wood shouldn't be let anywhere near a car if it was built after.... say, 1950? Apart from a AM DB9, that's allowed.

I wonder of Aston Martin would take my 900 in part-ex? Hmmm... Only £159,500 to find after that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts