SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much louder is each over stock? Any problems fitting either kit?

Im on the fence as to which one to get. I'll be single outlet (please see my listing for the diffuser and other stuff on blowout sale).

Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have BSR. Nice sound but not loud. Stainless and good quality. Good fit although you need to do the bumper cutout and trim. Bought gtom GS.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Is it at least louder than stock?

Anyone else care to chime in?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
anyone have full underbody shots of either exhaust also?
sound clips would be awesome too. ive always been looking at getting the BSR dual exit catback. but the price just doesnt warrant it.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
to be honest with you the mufflers dont change the sound so much as they do the loudness. the single muffler jt sounds good its not too loud but it still sounds good on acceleration. Mind you jt exhaust does not come vbanded i did that my self all the sections but the cat connect together with slip fittings. and almost every exhaust you would buy would be louder than stock

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
exhaust

Paco,
thats a clean looking car. Is that the JT you're running? Single muffler without resonator?

and pardon the ignorance, but "vbanded"?

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
yep single muffler and its not overly loud at all the only time its super loud is when your running it up around 3k and even then its not that loud. vbands http://www.google.com/images?q=vband&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi its just an easier way to connect exhaust piping basicly i can drop out my cat any time i want drive with a test pipe or straight downpipe. If someone were to get the option with the resinator it would be right after where my cat is. i have a video but its not overly good i might make another one with my friend tonight possibly if not tomorrow (im kinda sick from carlisle).

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, so youre not running a resonator?

And sick of carlisle as in, sick of it, or sick because you ate something at carlisle?

:p

yep single muffler and its not overly loud at all the only time its super loud is when your running it up around 3k and even then its not that loud. vbands http://www.google.com/images?q=vband&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi its just an easier way to connect exhaust piping basicly i can drop out my cat any time i want drive with a test pipe or straight downpipe. If someone were to get the option with the resinator it would be right after where my cat is. i have a video but its not overly good i might make another one with my friend tonight possibly if not tomorrow (im kinda sick from carlisle).

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
nope no resinator i imagine that if you were to get the resinator it would be alot closer to stock loudness. I mean sick as in i caught something at carlisle :S. ill make a short video in my garage, but it will not sound like normal driving it might be a tone quieter.
edit: the mic on my camera just blows out the sounds so i need to do drive bys to get good sound

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I have the JT 3 inch DP with full 3inch exhaust, mine is the 2 muffler one. If im not lazy tomorrow Ill try to make a video do you can get an idea of the sound.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Louder and deeper than stock. Gives a nice understated throb so to speak. I just got thr GS 3" DP installed and it now seems a little louder yet.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that update. Did you keep it stock? i.e. left the BSR resonator on and so forth?

Louder and deeper than stock. Gives a nice understated throb so to speak. I just got thr GS 3" DP installed and it now seems a little louder yet.

·
Registered
392 Posts
BSR is catback with the res. Connected up to 3" dp with sportcat. Tell the truth, I am not seeing any especially noticeable power increases though it is responsive. Course I don't usually go over 50-60.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
went autoxing today i got 2 good clips ill upload them later when i get settled in.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, if thats a JT it really sounds good. Makes me wish I went JT instead of BSR... Oh well

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4654527901/in/photostream/
thats me driving i dident really run it up that run
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4655148000/in/photostream/
a buddy of mine an instructor runing my car sorry for it being blurry

the sound is decent it only gives the tone of the exhaust its really not super loud but the mic is a low quality mono mic

·
Registered
613 Posts
to be honest with you the mufflers dont change the sound so much as they do the loudness. the single muffler jt sounds good its not too loud but it still sounds good on acceleration. Mind you jt exhaust does not come vbanded i did that my self all the sections but the cat connect together with slip fittings. and almost every exhaust you would buy would be louder than stock
After listening to your Auto X Vid, your exhaust sounds like every other bumble bee in a tin can exhaust you would hear on any Honda. Do you really think it sounds good? Wow. Anyone else think that sounds awful, or is just me?

·
Registered
536 Posts
paco: for the cat, did u extend the o2 wire? or just run the 2nd o2 with a de-fouler? if u went the de-fouler method, is it throwing codes?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts