SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Flush Lock How To

Please add this post to the How To Thread... lets try to get more of these in here to avoid more of the "Dead-Link-Threads" causing useful info to be lost

THANKS!

FLUSH DOOR LOCKS HOW TO (*At your own risk)

1) Measure the amount protruding from the door

2)Remove door card (good link for removing the door)
3)Unscrew lock knob
4)Use saw or dremmel to trim the measured amount from the bottom of the lock knob
5)Screw lock knob back on
6)Replace door pannel
7)Enjoy: VIDEO OF LOCK/UNLOCK FLUSH

** Suggestions
- while door card is off, tape down questionably loose items in the door to help with rattels/squeaks/etc.
- consider leaving the rears full length so you could pull them in a necessary situaiton

(Thanks to CallipNCSUsaab for the Pic & Vid)

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
I'm going to leave the "How to" post for general maintenance. I put a link to this thread in the FAQ with the other Mods. Thanks for the write up, it is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
This is the first I have seen of this thread. From reading it... I think we should clarify that you cut the metal, not the lock knob (plastic). Once you cut the metal rod you just screw the knob back on and it should be just that much lower. If you were to cut the knob you've done nothing to adjust the height of when your door locks/unlocks.

Just to clarify.... nice thread man, thanks for posting it.

Diggs, you should take the link and put in the "how to"... that thread is OLD and has no pics anymore. By reading it I really don't think you have a great understanding of how to remove your door panel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts