SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am done with roger beasley in austin, they plainly suck @ss, they already told me they wont service my car because of the "modifications" I have done. (Custom leather dash, a-pillars, and audio - everything from the wires to the amp to the nav unit left stock) Basically, their techs are worthless pieces of crap who dont know sht. :evil:

I know sewell is equally sh!tty when it comes to service requests (programming).

Anyone have any experience with Ken Batchelor in San Antonio? How about the dealers in Houston?

I just want a dealer who wont give me the usual bullsh!T about "oh this option is not available" or "we cant do it because GM wont let us".

Just want DRLs and Comfort close enabled. I know TPVI can do DRLs, but they cant do comfort close. I have read all 15+ pages about these two, and well, need opinions on other dealers.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

96mn12

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been happy with service at ken batchelor every time. They are friendly as all get up nd even delivered my car back to San Angelo for me since I wrk on base and didn't want to use leave to go pick it up. The people are friendly, and the service excellent. I was coming back from TDY in Alabama to San Angelo ad had to have my car owed in nd someone came back to he dealership at 9PM just to rent me a car so I could get back to base by the next morning.

I'm from MI so I don't know if that's TX hospitality, but I'm sold on there for the whle time I have Saab's, even with a 3 hour drive.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. Whos the service advisor you've dealt with? Have they given you any crap when you ask about programming?

Thanks again

I've been happy with service at ken batchelor every time. They are friendly as all get up nd even delivered my car back to San Angelo for me since I wrk on base and didn't want to use leave to go pick it up. The people are friendly, and the service excellent. I was coming back from TDY in Alabama to San Angelo ad had to have my car owed in nd someone came back to he dealership at 9PM just to rent me a car so I could get back to base by the next morning.

I'm from MI so I don't know if that's TX hospitality, but I'm sold on there for the whle time I have Saab's, even with a 3 hour drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmmm I don't remember my first, and I workd with Matt when it got towed in but I never actually met him. He was very helpful and didnt even mind maling my TX plates back to me when I left them in the rental car they drove back when they delivered.

As for programming I have only gone in for a recall, an oil change, a low oil problem that seems to have been a one time issue, and some warranty work (burned out bulb, inoperabledrver mirror, and a rattly switch). But they have never given me crap even when i mentioned a crack in the front spoiler i believe the tow truck put in it. They didn't gripe or anything and offered to get it taken care of regardless of if it was them or the tow truck.

Hope this helps! Where in TX are you from? I haven't seen any saabs out here hardly. None in San Angelo at last

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've had good results from Beasley, John one of the service guy's alway's works with me on things getting fixed. I've got a BSR programmed car and have had no issues with them not wanting to work on my car if it means they are getting paid.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you must be extremely lucky, ive been trying to deal with john but always get stuck with jason. The fuae that blew the bomb was a faulty window switch, my express up wont work after opening and closing the rear windows. when john the tech unpaneled the door he saw the dynamat (he dudnt kbow what that silver cover was) and complained to charles farrell theyre [email protected]&$ng useless "service manager" who promptly said that the dynamat caused he problem. I said ok, prove it according to magnusdom act of 1967...
he pretty much said "in light of the modifications made we wont service your car due to liability issues... it took them 3 months, yes 3 months to get a center vent they broke when i took it in for service back in jan. And never gave me a loaner because they dont have any...

they can choke on my you-know-what... see if by selling 10 maseratis a year (if that) makes them survive... i for one would love to see them crash and burn to the ground

·
Registered
613 Posts
you must be extremely lucky, ive been trying to deal with john but always get stuck with jason. The fuae that blew the bomb was a faulty window switch, my express up wont work after opening and closing the rear windows. when john the tech unpaneled the door he saw the dynamat (he dudnt kbow what that silver cover was) and complained to charles farrell theyre [email protected]&$ng useless "service manager" who promptly said that the dynamat caused he problem. I said ok, prove it according to magnusdom act of 1967...
he pretty much said "in light of the modifications made we wont service your car due to liability issues... it took them 3 months, yes 3 months to get a center vent they broke when i took it in for service back in jan. And never gave me a loaner because they dont have any...

they can choke on my you-know-what... see if by selling 10 maseratis a year (if that) makes them survive... i for one would love to see them crash and burn to the ground
It's frustrating when things don't go our way,I know. It seems easier to curse people that you think have done you wrong. That never resolves anything. Also by writing things like " I hope they burn to the ground" and something happens to the dealership you've just become suspect. You never know who's reading this stuff. I could be FBI. You don't know me from ADAM. So, I hope you can find someone to fix your car.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, and yes, my frustration let me get the best of me, but I still say they need to go away, and hope they do shutdown. That kind of treatment and just outright lack of service deserves any business to go out of business. Hopefully someone in San Antonio or Houston will finally man up to this and fix it.

It's frustrating when things don't go our way,I know. It seems easier to curse people that you think have done you wrong. That never resolves anything. Also by writing things like " I hope they burn to the ground" and something happens to the dealership you've just become suspect. You never know who's reading this stuff. I could be FBI. You don't know me from ADAM. So, I hope you can find someone to fix your car.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have to admit, I feel the same way about Roger Beasley. I took the 9-3 down there to get them to hook up tech2 to turn off the DRLs and everyone there said that could not be done. They just said that is not an option in Tech2.

Second, I told them I knew about the '03 9-3's autobox having coolant leak in it and I wanted them to check and see if there was any in my wife's car (which the trans slips from 2nd to 3rd all the time) and they said that is impossible and they've never heard of it.

Lastly, they told me that they never have people come in with issues with their DI cassettes and that I was one of the first....

I still need to find a place that can hook up tech2 to make some changes to the 9-3 (I would like to make the HIDs last as long as possible, no DRL).

So all in all, I know how you feel.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have to admit, I feel the same way about Roger Beasley. I took the 9-3 down there to get them to hook up tech2 to turn off the DRLs and everyone there said that could not be done. They just said that is not an option in Tech2.

Second, I told them I knew about the '03 9-3's autobox having coolant leak in it and I wanted them to check and see if there was any in my wife's car (which the trans slips from 2nd to 3rd all the time) and they said that is impossible and they've never heard of it.

Lastly, they told me that they never have people come in with issues with their DI cassettes and that I was one of the first....

I still need to find a place that can hook up tech2 to make some changes to the 9-3 (I would like to make the HIDs last as long as possible, no DRL).

So all in all, I know how you feel.
Which of your cars are you trying to turn off the DRL on? My DRL's were turned off by Saab Hawaii via tech 2 when I bought my car in 2005. I don't know if your cars are different as far a tech 2 options.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was attempting to get the 9-3s DRLs turned off since I did the HID swap and would like to not have the bulbs run at all times.

I know it can be done since many people have had it done. I assume I just need to call some semi local dealers (Dallas, Houston, San An).

·
Registered
613 Posts
I was attempting to get the 9-3s DRLs turned off since I did the HID swap and would like to not have the bulbs run at all times.

I know it can be done since many people have had it done. I assume I just need to call some semi local dealers (Dallas, Houston, San An).
I'm confused as to how this can be done since your car didn't come with xenon's your computer won't recognize you did the switch, that's why the tech 2 doesn't have a provision for doing this unless it factory installed Xenon's. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hmmm,
From what I read, you could turn the DRLs off on both the bixenon and nonxenon lights. Hopefully someone can chime in and say if I'm correct or not.

You might be correct...

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Just a side note: are you all (TEXAS SAABers) joining the SAAB convoy to Austin this weekend ? Here's a link : http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176972&page=2

I plan to be at the local(ish) start in Mansfield. I'm having my EBC Yellowstuffs installed at my buddy's Turbo Conversion/Performance Tuning shop an 400 Industrial in Mansfield just beforehand on Saturday morning, about 5 minutes from the start meetup address. So that's convenient.

Feel free to send me an email if you want to be in the Evite. I am not the main organizer. Just thought this may be a good place to post this info for those not yet aware of this fun SAAB event going on this weekend in TX:cheesy: I'm glad I can actually take a weekend off!!

My facebook page link is in my sig.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just a side note: are you all (TEXAS SAABers) joining the SAAB convoy to Austin this weekend ? Here's a link : http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176972&page=2

I plan to be at the local(ish) start in Mansfield. I'm having my EBC Yellowstuffs installed at my buddy's Turbo Conversion/Performance Tuning shop an 400 Industrial in Mansfield just beforehand on Saturday morning, about 5 minutes from the start meetup address. So that's convenient.

Feel free to send me an email if you want to be in the Evite. I am not the main organizer. Just thought this may be a good place to post this info for those not yet aware of this fun SAAB event going on this weekend in TX:cheesy: I'm glad I can actually take a weekend off!!

My facebook page link is in my sig.
Talk about Hijacking a thread....LMAO!

Back to topic.....

I have been to Demontrond on 45 North (Houston). They are a SAAB service, not a dealer I don't think. Seemed pretty nice, no loaner cars unless your car is staying for awhile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts