SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frequently getting page not found when trying to log in. Started about 4 days back. Wonder if the pre-log-in adds are causing difficulty.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
probably.
Advertisements are a detriment in a better life for us, but a necessary evil.
If only the people behind the ads could learn respect.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Frequently getting page not found when trying to log in. Started about 4 days back. Wonder if the pre-log-in adds are causing difficulty.
Next time it happens, could you possibly get a screen capture and post it here so we can see exactly what you're seeing.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Same here, many times I got "page not found" but I did not do a screen capture. Hasn't happened today.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It happened to me a couple of times today, different computers and different browsers. I didn't get a screen shot, but I can give a fairly detailed account:

1. Went to www.saabcentral.com
2. Clicked on Forums
3. Arrived at Forums index, which briefly flashed on the screen before "Page not found" appeared. All Saab Central design themes were intact.
4. Browser stopped responding
5. Browser alerted that a script had stopped responding and offered option to continue or abort script
6. Aborting script released browser from it seizure but "Not Found" remained

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
It happened to me a couple of times today, different computers and different browsers. I didn't get a screen shot, but I can give a fairly detailed account:

1. Went to www.saabcentral.com
2. Clicked on Forums
3. Arrived at Forums index, which briefly flashed on the screen before "Page not found" appeared. All Saab Central design themes were intact.
4. Browser stopped responding
5. Browser alerted that a script had stopped responding and offered option to continue or abort script
6. Aborting script released browser from it seizure but "Not Found" remained
Thanks for that response, never seen it myself, but them I'm mostly always logged in anyway, and never enter the site through the front page, (have a favourite saved which takes me direct to the 9-3ss forums).

If it's to do with scripting, could well be one of the adverts causing it I guess.

Looks like this is one for admin to take a closer look at.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Happened again, just now

Here's your screen shot. This time was a little different. It happened right after I clicked on the Forums button from the Saab Central home page, as usual. But no script error this time, and I was able to continue to the Forum by clicking on the Forum button a second time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I have had a reply from the admin, they've got someone looking into this now, but if anyone still suffers with this 'page not found' issue, please post as much detail about it here as possible.

The more info here, the easier it should be for them to fix.

·
Administrator
1,087 Posts
"Need the full url from their browser bar copied and pasted when it happens."

This is what my tech guys asked for, if the issue happens at any point post this up in this thread, the more the better, but worse at the same time.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
"Need the full url from their browser bar copied and pasted when it happens."

This is what my tech guys asked for, if the issue happens at any point post this up in this thread, the more the better, but worse at the same time.

Anything with a .php extension on it.

For example

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/index.php
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Even when I hit saabcentral.com, it immediately goes to the screenshot posted above

·
Registered
752 Posts
only happens to me if I clear all my history, cookies, etc and try to log in fresh, exactly the same stuff happens, could be in the middle of typing in user name / pw, FLASH, cant click on anything.... If I stay logged in, its very random.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts