SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@JBarstad, thank you for the help. I went out to the car and tugged around on all the wiring near the firewall and found a loose connector. Plugged it in and problem solved. Now I can get through inspection first thing tomorrow morning and start enjoying my car. I hope to be as helpful to other owners in the future. Merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
461 Posts
So, I got this code today on my 06 Aero. Right after I replaced the EVAP purge valve (due to another code) and the vacuum tube as it was broken. I cleared the code, it came back once, cleared it and it hasn't comeback (yet :) )

·
Registered
129 Posts
Haha I have a similar thread that I just posted. I also comment that that sensor probably gets abused a bunch since it gets unmounted from the bracket for a bunch of tasks. Also very easy to forget to screw it back to the bracket since it dangles very low and inconspicuously amongst all the plumbing back there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. New member here. Just purchased a '06 Aero 2.8 V6T convertible for the summer.

One of the first things I did was replaced all the spark plugs. And I too, had forgotten to plug back in the barometric pressure sensor and got the code. I managed to find the plug which I vaguely remember unplugging.

Everyone seems to be talking about the electrical connector, what about the other end of the sensor? I see an o-ring there but don't see anything around to connect to it. And I don't remember taking anything off it. Does anyone know what the o-ring end connects to?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply, aerojon.

Other cars I own(ed) have a hose connected to the filtered side of the air box to prevent contamination to the sensor. It seems strange that the sensor has an o-ring but not connected to anything. The quirkiness of Saab I guess.
I think I'll just wrap the inlet with some filter material to keep the working end of the sensor clean.

·
Super Moderator
8,657 Posts
it's meant to be open..it needs to read the atmospheric pressure which it can't do correctly if you cover it..There is no air flowing through it..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts